Community post

Success story

First pregnancy after 7.5 YEARS of TTC!

Hello all! I really wanted to share my story to give hope to those that may have lost it.

I got married to my DH in 2010. Ever since, we had been trying. After two years, we knew we had to try something else. I started to chart, I did OPKs, I checked my cervix, we both took supplements, I read so many studies and articles about natural ways to boost fertility. I took vitex, prenatals, fertilaide, maca, saw palmetto, and just about anything else you can think of. He also took the barrage of male fertility supplements. Four years go by and it's time to see a doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS and prescribed metformin and clomid. I lost weight on the metformin, which was great, but nothing after three rounds of clomid. The fertility doctor talked about needing exploratory surgery and that was not the road I wanted to take. So, we gave up and decided babies were just not to be for us. Six years into our marriage and I still never had one pregnancy. Not even a miscarriage. Nothing. We decided to do our research again and find any new fertility doctors in the area, and we found her. We told her our story and she was shocked and ran a million tests on both of us. She found that I'm slightly hypothyroid and got me on synthroid straight away. She prescribed me metformin again and this time she gave me letrozole to try for 3 cycles. The letrozole didn't work, but it did seem to help make me more regular and not have such heavy and long periods. Right after my DH and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary, and after the 3 failed letrozole cycles, we go see the doc again to check my blood work and see how my thyroid is doing. My blood work was all clear. My DH was clear. We discuss IUIs, but it'll be about $300 a try. She also tells us about a procedure to check to see if my tubes are open, but our insurance doesn't cover it and it'll cost $1200! We went home and decided to save up for the procedure and the IUIs. Since the holidays were coming up, we decided to aim for February of 2018 to have the money saved, so that would give us about 5 months. Of course, like many women on here, I buy my hpts in bulk off Amazon. So at 9dpo, I decided to take a test, because its just routine for me to. I look at it and think it's defunct, there is an evap. The next morning, I try again... weird... this one has a darker evap... then I think, "WAIT! IS THIS IT!?" So I posted a picture in the gallery here and others also saw a BFP. I wanted to keep calm, its probably a fluke, I should wait, my AF will show up, don't get excited. I took another test the next morning, AND THE LINE WAS EVEN DARKER! My af was due and she never came. More tests and darker lines. I wanted to wait until the doctor confirmed it to tell my DH, but I couldn't wait. For so many years I have thought of special ways to tell him, but when it came time, I just shoved a test in his face and started bawling. On December 9, 2017, I saw my first ever clear BFP. On January 04, 2018, I got to see my baby. I never ever thought this day would come and it happened naturally! It took us 7 and a half years, but we are finally pregnant with a healthy baby due in August. I honestly hate to think about it, but even if I do miscarry, I will know that it is possible.

We did have a BIG scare though. At 11 weeks, I felt like I had suddenly peed myself. I thought it was odd since I had just gone about 15 mins prior. I go to the bathroom and there I see blood. A lot of bright red blood just pouring out of me. I saw what looked like my baby in the toilet. Luckily I was at home, but my husband was at work on his 48 hour shift as a firefighter/EMT. He told me to call and ambulance and he would meet me at the hospital. I couldn't, I was too scared I would know the EMTs and I didn't want them to see me like this - covered in blood screaming and crying on my bathroom floor. So my husband said he'd come get me, he went straight into EMT mode. I finally composed myself enough to take a shower. A puddle of blood had formed under me and in my panic, I got blood everywhere. I took a quick shower, all the while crying and praying to God. As soon as I am dressed, my husband comes in and gets me to the car. I slip and stumble on the snow and ice trying to get in the car. I start to calm down. We get to the ER and after a couple hours and more blood, a doctor brings in the ultrasound. FALSE ALARM! Baby is doing just fine! what I thought was my baby that I passed was really just a huge blood clot. This was the first time we saw it's arms and legs moving around. I was so shocked that after that much blood, I still had a healthy baby! The next day, I see my midwife and she gives it a look too. She diagnosed me as having a subchorionic hemorrhage of the placenta, but everything looks like it has cleared up and I shouldn't have to worry about it.

It took so long, but it finally happened and I couldn't be happier. I thank God everyday. to all!!

TTC for 7 years. First ever 12/9/2017

4 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Omg, congratulations! I seriously cried reading this. I am so happy for you!
My story is kinda similar. I was never pregnant, and never used protection, since i was 18. I was 35. Thiught i was in menopause. Sadly, it ended in mmc but a yr and 2 months later, with 6th round of clomid, i was pregnant with my daughter. Born 3-6-16. Now, im 39 and trying for a sibling. I still may get her one yet! Thanks for the inspiration and sticky beans to you!!

6 years ago

KelliRia, isn't just crazy how it all works? I was labeled "postmenopausal" because I had a couple years of 50 to 80 day cycles! Our bodies can be so fickle sometimes. It is amazing how some women can just get pregnant by being in the same room as a man and it takes others years, effort, procedures, and more! I am so happy that you were able to have a baby! Praying for you for more!

TTC for 7 years. First ever 12/9/2017

6 years ago • Post starter

Wow amazing congratulations xxx

6 years ago

Congrats enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, thanks for posting.

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo