Community post

Journal

Never ending concern!

I've now had the copper coil in for 18 months and so far it's been great... Sex when I want with no barriers, no added hormones in my body, lighter less painful periods!
However, I feel like it's always in the back of my mind that no contraception is perfect and when I was researching my options there are quite a lot of women online saying they got pregnant with it!
Back in 2012 when I had my ectopic pregnancy I thought I had a period but it was just a bit on the lighter side but turned out to be all that trauma and stress... So now I have such light periods it's all the more on my mind of something going wrong...

So same thing again this month: very light period, hardly had to change pads through the day, which has now been dragging on over about 9 days! Was all stopped and then a bit more pink/brown discharge later today...
And now I'm worrying about it I feel pain on my right side above my hip kinda to the back :-(
I'm sure everything is fine but feel like I'm going to keep on having these concerns :-(
Xxx

Remember: 'hurt people hurt people' - dont let those around you be collateral damage of TTC! x

0 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo