Community post

Question

Postive pregnancy test but negative blood test

I'm cycle day 37 I took an HPT that is pretty sensitive and a shadow like line came within time limit. couldn't tell if it was pink since the background was darker from the pee and dye . so I dipped in in water within second a very visible pink light line appeared. did the same thing next day also an other pink line. the third day did the same water thing and the line was even more visible and darker. Went for a blood test they told me my HCG was 0.5 could it be a mistake
I never had anything like this.
I mean why would the water make the test pink. I know for sure it's not dye passing through. it's a pink line where the shadow line was
my period is a week late. I had one dot of red spotting Cycle day 33 then nothing. my breast have been tender for 2 weeks and today they were very painful. I been feeling pulling and mild pain in my cervix and more sleepy
it looks way more pink and visible in person

1 Answer • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Blood is the most reliable test whereas HPTs are not. Those tests are false positives or evaps unfortunately. Blood is 100% accurate.

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo