Community post

Discussion

Tingling sensation in breasts. AM I pregnant?

Hello, I'm currently on the combine birth control. I finished my packed on the 10th of January and then had my normal period on the 13th. I finished my period on the 17th and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the next two days. I started my next birth control packet as normal on the 18th of January. However, two days after I started to have a tingly feeling in my breasts. That was yesterday on Saturday and today Sunday (20th and 21st of January) I was always taking my pill correctly and on time. Could i be pregnant or is it due to hormonal changes. It's been 5 days from the unprotected sex, I'm unsure if tingly sensation in breast could be a symptom of early pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. What should I do?

6 Replies • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

CountdownGirl   Admin

Chances are low that you are pregnant (with the pill and the negative test and the timing of sex). Yes, the symptoms could be caused by hormonal changes. I'm a little confused at the dates you provided. When did your most recent cycle start?

6 years ago

My menstruation started on the 13th of January which is last Saturday. I bled for roughly 5 days as usual, until the 17th, which was the Wednesday past. Right now I'm on day 9 of my cycle. Therefore I had sex on day 4 and 5 of my cycle.
I had those tingling sensations before but at different points of my cycle. I also did a healthy run on Saturday morning for the first time, could that have something to do with it?

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

CountdownGirl   Admin

You don't ovulate until roughly 14 days before the end of your cycle (so 14 days before your next period). So you likely would not have ovulated yet. You need to have sex in the few days before ovulation to get pregnant. A pregnancy test won't be accurate until about the expected day of your next period. You're very likely not pregnant.

Here is a link to the information on the site about the cycle, ovulation, fertilization etc.
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/getting-pregnant/

These should help you understand what I'm trying to describe :)

6 years ago

Could I still ovulate on the pill?

6 years ago • Post starter

Also thank you very much for all the advice. I will update you once I'll take another pregnancy test before my next period. :)

6 years ago • Post starter

CountdownGirl   Admin

You shouldn't ovulate while on the pill (if it's taken correctly).

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo