Community post

Success story

BFP 14 dpo, implantation pinch, hoping for a sticky bean!

Hi everyone, these stories helped me so much during our TTC journey so like many of you I wanted to contribute. We started trying around a year ago but during that time, my husband and I were living in different states so he would have to fly back and forth during my ovulation time. Needless to say, this didn't work well and after trying 6 or 7 times, we gave up. I am 33 and my husband is 41 so I started to worry that something was wrong. We were going to try one more time since I moved in with him a month ago and if we weren't successful, we were going to see what our options were for IUI, etc. Over the past year, my husband also started exercising more and eating right which I've tended to do for the past few years. This cycle started on 6/29/17. I didn't go crazy with symptom tracking because I've felt every symptom under the sun in prior unsuccessful cycles, gotten my hopes up and then crash!

CD 1-8: nothing that stands out, I didn't track my BBT
CD 9: started OPK tracking on CD 9.
CD 11: BD
CD 12: EWCM
CD 13: Positive OPK in the afternoon, EWCM, BD
CD 14: Assuming ovulation day, EWCM, BD
1-9 dpo: intermittently full or sore breasts which I've had with other unsuccessful cycles
10 dpo: I was settling down to sleep and felt a sharp stabbing pain just for a few seconds in my right lower abdomen which could have been implantation. This was so different from any other cycle. I actually sat up part way and said ow. I doubt I would have felt it if I had been asleep.
11 dpo: intermittently full or sore breasts still, whitish CM
12 dpo: my cycle ranges from 24-28 days so I was watching for spotting before AF which sometimes I get. There was none. I also woke up at around 4-5 am and couldn't get back to sleep - usually I sleep like a baby!
13 dpo: getting my hopes up because usually I spot a little bit by now and there still wasn't any. Again, I had insomnia - I think I woke up around 2:30 am and stayed awake for a couple hours.
14 dpo: Still no AF!! This is the latest I would have ever gone in the past so my hopes are up. The reason I didn't do POAS checks yet is because when I did in the past, starting at 11 dpo, every negative felt like a slap in the face. I decided to delay it as long as possible since then and just wait for AF. FRER's second line popped up right away, within a few seconds! Clearblue digital took some time and said pregnant!! :) I put these in a little box and gave it to my husband along with a card that said congrats, you're going to be a dad! He was shocked and kept asking if this was real since like me, he started to think it wasn't going to happen without help.

We are so happy and hoping for a very sticky, healthy bean. My heart goes out to all of you that are TTC, it can be a very difficult journey and a heart wrenching roller coaster. I'm usually so calm and it made me crazy, obsessive and emotional. I have so much more respect for those who have gone through infertility issues or took a longer time to conceive. Baby dust to all! Please keep your head up and keep going!!

2 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Thank you for sharing your story ?

4 years ago

That was supposed to be a heart not a ? lol. Sincerely though, thank you! It gives us all hope!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo