Community post

Discussion

Obsess with me! Play the "is/isn't this a symptom"

Okay, so it's not a game per se but I'm trying to keep my head together during the TWW and not make myself TOOOO crazy spotting symptoms that may not be there.

So I thought it might be fun to share my list of symptoms with you all and I hope you will do the same, but there is a catch - beside each symptom, please write what it could be from OTHER than pregnancy when possible. The goal is to help keep your symptom obsession in check and also find those super-cool symptoms that can't be "rationalized away"!!

So, here are mine:

* Bloating - could be normal PMS bloating
* Gas - we eat a lot of legumes, which make us gassy, but I have noticed that I am gassy even when DH no longer is! (TMI haha)
* Cramps & Twinges - could be PMS but started way earlier than normal and are not as bad
* Very heavy, tender breasts - exact same as normal PMS, but what was weird was that my cramps started BEFORE my breasts hurt, and usually it's the other way around!
* Moodiness - right on cue with my normal cycle
* Weepy - was extremely teary last night and woke up this AM and started crying right away over nothing! Can't explain that one - it's never happened before!
* Increased sex drive around time of ovulation - this happens every month but this month it lasted days longer - I couldn't get enough ((TMI again haha)!! But could be explained by just being excited about BDing.
* Headaches at night - could be explained by the fact that I've all but eliminated caffeine from my diet
* Stuffy nose & sore throat - could easily just be minor allergies or something - I get sore throats all the time.
* Fatigue - Could be caused by 1000 things other than pregnancy!
* Chills/Hot flashes - has been happening rarely, this is a little unusual for me but not unheard of. I may be paying more attention now because of TTC.
* Dry CM - If you're PG you're supposed to have more, right? Well I usually have a lot all the time and since O I have been dry dry dry.
* Vivid Dreams - I don't know, I think my dreams are usually pretty vivid!
* Constipation - it happens when I travel sometimes and we have been traveling for the last week, although it did happen once before we traveled too.
* Decreased Acne - I usually break out right before AF, but it hasn't happened yet and I am expecting her Sunday.
* Nausea - UGH, I've had this almost every day since about 3DPO! Not major, but little waves of nausea all day long. I do get nauseous very easily though and this is a symptom my brain could easily "invent" if you know what I mean.
* Weird taste in mouth - this happened only once and it was SOOOO weird! DH and I were eating pasta with tomato sauce and suddenly I had to spit it out because it tasted like the whole inside of my mouth had been coated with like lard or something!!! It didn't go away completely till the next day. Not a metallic taste, but really a strange one that I just can't explain!!

There you go, hope you had fun reading. I would love to read some of yours ladies! Just a little something to do while passing the looooong TWW and waiting for our !

User Image

12 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

They all sound like pretty good signs honey gl & fingers crossed for Sunday I have another week to wait I'm due next Sunday but on the plus side in having near identical symptoms as you :-D xxx

11 years ago

Thanks for writing back rupeekat!

Got cramping and light pink/brown spotting today. Feels like my period but is way too light (and I've never spotted like this before). I'm 14-17 DPO so could easily be AF too. If AF hasn't started by the AM I am taking a test!

Anyone else want to share their symptoms and discuss?? xo

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

FYI I am 10 DPO and 48 years young

* Bloating - could be normal PMS bloating ~~SO BLOATED I LOOK 4 MONTHS PREGNANT ~NOT NORMAL
* Gas - we eat a lot of legumes, which make us gassy, but I have noticed that I am gassy even when DH no longer is! (TMI haha) ~~ I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY GASSY AND I AM NOT NORMALLY NOR HAS MY DIET CHANGED
* Cramps & Twinges - could be PMS but started way earlier than normal and are not as bad~~ ALL SORTS OF CRAMPS/TWINGES EVERYWHERE, CERVIX, VAGINA,UTERUS,BELLY BUTTON
* Very heavy, tender breasts - exact same as normal PMS, but what was weird was that my cramps started BEFORE my breasts hurt, and usually it's the other way around! ~~THIS IS A STRANGE ONE..BUT THEY GENERALLY ARE ACHING NOW AND THEY ARE NOT..I THINK THAT THAT WAS THE CASE WITH MY OTHER PREGNANCYS
* Moodiness - right on cue with my normal cycle~~ LET'S NOT EVEN GO THERE..BUT VERY MOODY MORE SO THAN USUAL
* Weepy - was extremely teary last night and woke up this AM and started crying right away over nothing! Can't explain that one - it's never happened before!~~ NOT SO MUCH
* Increased sex drive around time of ovulation - this happens every month but this month it lasted days longer - I couldn't get enough ((TMI again haha)!! But could be explained by just being excited about BDing. ~~ALWAYS
* Headaches at night - could be explained by the fact that I've all but eliminated caffeine from my diet~~EVERYDAY HALF A HEADACHE AND EVERYNIGHT AS WELL
* Stuffy nose & sore throat - could easily just be minor allergies or something - I get sore throats all the time.~~WAS RUNNY 0-3 dpo AND FROM THEN ON STUFFY AND SORE THROAT JUST A TAD
* Fatigue - Could be caused by 1000 things other than pregnancy! ~~ BED SOMEDAYS BY 7:00 TOO EXAUSTED
* Chills/Hot flashes - has been happening rarely, this is a little unusual for me but not unheard of. I may be paying more attention now because of TTC. SWEATY AT NIGHT AND HOT ALL DAY LONG
* Dry CM - If you're PG you're supposed to have more, right? Well I usually have a lot all the time and since O I have been dry dry dry.~~ I AM EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU ON THIS ONE
* Vivid Dreams - I don't know, I think my dreams are usually pretty vivid!~~AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS TOO..I AM A DREAMING NIGHTMARE
* Constipation - it happens when I travel sometimes and we have been traveling for the last week, although it did happen once before we traveled too.~~A NORMALLY GO EVERYDAY AND SINCE O DAY I THINK I HAVE GONE 3 TIMES
* Decreased Acne - I usually break out right before AF, but it hasn't happened yet and I am expecting her Sunday. ~ I HAVE HAD TWO PIMIPLES AND I GENERALLY HAVE CLEAR SKIN EVEN BEFORE AF
* Nausea - UGH, I've had this almost every day since about 3DPO! Not major, but little waves of nausea all day long. I do get nauseous very easily though and this is a symptom my brain could easily "invent" if you know what I mean.~~ONLY HAD ONE EPESODE OF THIS HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY HUNGRY WHERE MY STOMACH IS GROWLING WHICH IT NEVER DOES
* Weird taste in mouth - this happened only once and it was SOOOO weird! DH and I were eating pasta with tomato sauce and suddenly I had to spit it out because it tasted like the whole inside of my mouth had been coated with like lard or something!!! It didn't go away completely till the next day. Not a metallic taste, but really a strange one that I just can't explain!!~~NO ADVERSIONS YET

Sorry for the caps, but wanted it easy to see for everyone good luck everyone! I'll test Tuesday!

11 years ago

Hi Lori4dmb! Your symptoms sound veeeery exciting!

Unfortunately I got AF bit time-o today, so now have to gear up for next O day. :) It's pretty amazing that I felt like I had all of those symptoms and it turned out to be nada. I also had taken 5 HPTs and all were BFN... so I don't think it could have been a chemical pregnancy even.

So I tried to be rational about my symptoms but it still was a weird cycle for me with cramping way earlier in my cycle, no acne breakout, and that suuuuuuper weird lard taste I got in my mouth at 5DPO or something.

I so hope you get your BFP - I think your symptoms sound veeeeery promising, more intense than mine. Keep us posted with your HPT! GL!

User Image

They sound pretty familiar to me! I am so trying not to sympton spot but I think I have convonced myself I am PG! i'M 11 dpo and AF is due Friday . . .

So far I've had tender boobies, weird crampy feelings that were too early for AF. I was brushing my teeth the other day and it all of a sudden tasted SO bitter! It was like i'd drunk cleaning fluid or acid or something. The weird taste lasted over the weekend but seems to have pretty much gone. I feel bloated and as of about half an hour ago a bit sick. I couldn't eat some cheese the other day and I love cheese. I have been tired & hungry and oh so slightly ratty today (though that could be Monday blues!) and can smell things others can't (heave!)
Of course it could be AF making her appearance and tricking me again but I really feel a bit different . . .

Roll on Friday!

11 years ago

I am feeling the same way. I am supposed to start my period on the 30th. And I keep thinking I have all these symptoms and I really believe I do. It is nice to see someone else "overthinking" all of these as well. I am really hoping that I am pregnant.

11 years ago

hopeful9 and stylusstar2000, lots of to you! I hope you both get your BFPs! Would love an update once you know!

DH and I don't get to try this month because he has a huuuuuge work thing coming up next March that can't be rearranged, would be right around the baby's due date if we conceived and he would be out of town. So I am bummed about that! Now that we are TTC I don't want to stop!

But you better believe I am going to be symptom spotting like crazy next month! haha - I figure as long as I am trying to be objective it's okay to also be a little obsessive.

User Image

Not really trying to conceive [but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I were to conceive] but I've been experiencing odd symptoms as of late, and this website had a nice calendar to try to help me pinpoint everything [date-wise regarding my cycles] and sort out my symptoms and whatnot. I hope I'm not barging in on your happy posts, and I wish all of you the best of luck!

Soo, Here they are. I'm thinking today is 7DPO, with my period being due on the 29th.

* Gas - Umm been eating burritos lately, haha, might explain it!
* Cramps & Twinges - COULD be PMS, but I've never experienced cramps except on the first day of AF.
* Moodiness - Might also be PMS, but I've gone from 0 to demon in .02 seconds lately. I feel mean!
* Weepy - Hmm, getting through a break-up? Although I've tried to keep my chin up through the whole thing...
* Increased sex drive around time of ovulation - Might just be missing what I've just lost. ;]
* Headaches at any given time - Might also be the lack of caffeine in my life as of late
* Stuffy nose & sore throat - Might be the wind aggravating my allergies.
* Fatigue - Could be just about anything.
* Chills/Hot flashes - lately it happens at the most random times, which has never happened to me before, but it might be the A/C messing with me when it kicks on/off.
* Vivid Dreams - Dunno what could be causing these. Hmm.
* Constipation - Again, might be the burritos.
* Decreased Acne [After a rather large breakout] - it seems to be clearing itself up with minimal facewashing. Or, my soap is amazing! :D
* Weird taste in mouth - This only just started today, and it's odd, definitely, with only a slight metallic taste... Very well could just be an aftertaste of something I ate.
* Slight spotting - starting last night. I've never spotted before, so I dunno what might cause this!

Been keeping this all to myself lately, felt really nice to just type it all out. Again, hoping I'm not barging in unwanted by all you lovely ladies actually TRYING to have a baby. :] And good luck to all of you.

11 years ago

Hi amai312 - welcome and thanks for sharing your symptoms. It's fine by me if you aren't actually TTC! Glad to have you either way. :)

I had cramps and twinges last month way before AF, which was unusual for me too, and I did get my period right on schedule. Don't know why that happened... I spotted too, which has never happened to me before but it wasn't at 7DPO like you it was more like 14DPO, and went on for a day before AF came. Yours might be implantation bleeding!

Keep us posted...

User Image

Hey Ladies... Here are my symptoms as of 7DPO.

(The tricky part is that I had a HCG trigger shot on 06/14 and was told by my RE that it can sometimes cause SOME pregnancy symptoms until it wears out of my body, which won't be for another 6 days! So I am trying to determine if these symptoms are the shot or a possible pregnancy?!)

- Very heavy, cramp feeling like someone is sitting on my uterus.
- PEEING all the time - even when I am not drinking a lot, but that is hard too because I am ABNORMALLY THIRSTY! haha
- VERY vivid dreams every single night - crazy vivid!
- lower backache
- Tired all the time and yawning constantly. I can sleep in until 9am, take a nap at 2pm and be ready for bed by 9:30pm. So not normal for me.
- Tender boobs, but only on the sides and under arms
- Cloudy urine
- Yellowish CM and smells different - like it smells sweeter??
- 2-4DPO I was sneezing like crazy - like I had developed allergies suddenly and then it just went away.
- Now I am slightly stuffing/congested, but no longer sneezing all day
- Hungry/Not hungry at the same time.
- Craving healthy foods, but I normally craves not healthy foods! haha

THOUGHTS?

TTC since 07/2011. Diagnosed with PCOS 06/04/2012. Started first cycle of Clomid, Estradiol, and HCG trigger shot 06/2012. Waiting for my

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo