Community post

Journal

Teenagers...ugh!

View Full Post

How's it going, ladies? Ok, gotta rant! It's not about MIL either! Whaaaaaaat! Yup, true story. MIL is not in this entry!

Ok, so my oldest is 16. He's always been very smart, and one of the politest kids u'll ever meet. I used to get non-stop compliments on his manners. They were an automatic response, he didn't even know he was using them half the time. Please, thank u, and sorry..all the time. So all is well from the age of 2 til 15. He starts grade 11 last September, and slowly my polite boy starts testing the waters. It started with mutters under the breath while walking away, then it was mutters while standing in front of u, then outright yapping off. He's getting mouthy, but he only pushes it til he sees I'm about to lose my shit, then he backs down, fast! This brings us to school. Last week the VP called me to talk about his attendance. He's late for every class, every day. He leaves here at 20 to 9, it's a 5 min walk...he should not be late! He asks to use the washroom and comes back 25 mins later. He started staying at school for lunch about 2 wks ago, said he's hanging with friends. I find out from the VP that he's been in detention everyday for the last 2wks, and he doesn't seem to mind being there. They can't get through to him so if he's late again, he's suspended. Ok, fair enough, I'm not gonna defend him, he fucked up so he can suffer the consequences of his actions. He got home from school and gained 2 new assholes that day. Computer and Xbox were taken away and he was forbidden from using his phone to text etc...music only! I can track all that so I know he didn't break that rule.

So, he makes it to every class on time, great! Then yesterday I get a voicemail from the principal, to call back immediately!! Ugh! So, Kenny, my once polite boy, has been yapping off to teachers and the principal. They have been asking him several times to take his hat off, no hats in school! He starts chirping off that it's a stupid rule blah blah blah! He waits til they walk away and puts it back on. He has also been caught everyday for the last week, sitting in the loft at lunch, with friends, gambling! Teachers have calmly explained that this isn't allowed at school but they keep doing it. Then yesterday the principal caught them, so he pipes up and says that it's not written in the code of conduct. This stumped the prinicpal, but she still insisted they stop and he went to the office. Long story short, he was sent home early yesterday and is suspended today!

He walked in the door like it was no big deal, and I tore that little shit a new asshole. He yapped off about his hat, I took it and threw it in the garbage. I bought that hat, it's mine, not his! He then muttered something under his breath that he wasn't brave enough to repeat. Then when I brought up the gambling, he took on some stupid-ass stance and tried the code of conduct shit with me, like *he* was gonna teach me a lesson. I then told him to get that fucking hand off his hip and listen up cuz I'm not some kid at school that he can lip off to. Gambling doesn't need to be in the school rule book, becuz IT'S A FUCKING LAW! He stood there baffled (and slightly scared)! I am in complete shock with what he did. I've never felt so humiliated or apologized so many times for my child's behaviour. He wasn't raised that way. My kids learn manners from the start, and they are enforced! I will not have a rude, self-entitled kid in my house. Idk what to do with him. He won't tell me the names of his friends. He says nothing's wrong yet clearly something is up. Ppl don't change to the opposite of what they were, that fast. Idk. For the first time in my life, I'm ashamed of his behaviour. I almost consider it an insult becuz I was the one who raised him (primarily, dad works/traveled a lot)...I thought I did good...til now!

What a shit week. Ugh!
Anyways, hope ur all good. Waiting to see more BFP's!! =))

14 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 14 of 14 Comments

Man I missed this. Okay first off how did Kenny get to be 16 already?!?!?!?! And wow, what a big old pain in the butt!! What does Jamie say?

7 years ago

Thanks, Gem and Kandi...ur girls are sweet!
Tracy, Idk how he grew so fast. I still remember my little 4yr old with his backwards hat. And yes, HUGE pain in the butt! Jamie almost killed him. Lol! He left work as soon as I texted and told him. He didn't even tell anyone he was leaving lol! He stormed in the door, tore a strip off Kenny then stormed back out. He was pissed! Idk who was more mad, really. We both get angry, but in different ways. He stews in it til he pops, I just pop lol! Luckily the littles were down for their naps, that would've been hard to hold in til they were sleeping.
Fuck, so today he was to go and apologize first thing in the morning. He leaves for school and does nothing til lunch...after she called him down to see how things were. WTF? He just doesn't fucking get it! He's like, "well I did go in and sincerely apologize, what's the difference? She didn't ask me to apologize, I did it on my own!"

7 years ago • Post starter

Ugh! Apologizing when ur called down to talk to her anyways, doesn't come across as remorseful as going in on ur own time to admit ur mistake. THAT'S the difference. He apologized out of convenience, not sincerity, and missed the entire point of it all! I explained it to him and he looked at me like I had 2 heads. So I explained it a different way. If he was to call me a name and I ran upstairs crying, would it be better to wait til I came back down, or come up and apologize? He said come up....same fucking thing!! Ugh! Boys!!! Teenage boys!!!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Damn, you're awesome! I commend your rules and how you enforce them! As messed up as this country has become we need to set good examples for our offspring and set them straight so they still have a chance in this fucked up world. Colton isn't even 15 months old let alone 15 years old but I'm dreading it, lol.

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo