Community post

Journal

CD 1 looming :(

Yep pretty sure CD 1 is just around the corner. Not sure of exact O date approx 11-13 at least though. A little crampy and just a tiny bit of spotting O symptoms definitely different than usual but that the human body what can i say. Anyway, I'm okay with it because that means my cycle is becoming regular!!!! I have done some research as some co-workers were talking at work and I am going to make a solid effort to go not go completely gluten free but cut out as much as I can. I do not have an allergy BUT gluten is not good for those with diabetes or predisposed to the disease which I am. Then I checked more into PCOS and gluten discovered the diet GREATLY help symptoms of PCOS! Again all related to the insulin issues so in that respect I am going to attempt to reduce as much gluten from my diet as I can. Like I want to start with using gluten free bread. I live on PB&J's (by the way one of the best meals for losing weight) I have one almost every day....I go to work take my medicines and have a half sandwich on my first break and teh other half at lunch. I want to get some snacks that are gluten free as well. I'm pretty excited over the overall health benefits and the fact this should help my PCOS as well. Not to mention my mom is a diabetic and I am on my way down that path as well. I know most likely I cannot stop the disease but I want to prevent it from rearing its head for as long as I can!

It's so sad I work with a lady who is about 500 pounds and I try so hard to encourage her to get healthy but she makes no effort :( I've given up and pray that one day she will wake up!! She is just turning 32, never had a boyfriend, has never had sex!, and is already on hypertensive and cholesterol medication. It's terribly sad and I just ask why??? I told her about the weight loss medicine I am currently on. Its short term and is designed to teach portions and help provide energy for learning good exercise habits. There was little side effects for me anyway just amazing benefits and I tried and tried to have her ask her doctor. She complains of knee pain and back pains and perfectly fine with medications that she need not be on at 32 years old. Her doctor even told her lose 150 pounds and most likely that medicines will not be needed but she REFUSES to take weightloss medicine??? I don't get it She even got a fit bit for a christmas gift but what use is it if you sit there and eat a fried chicken sandwich with mayo for breakfast and stuff several donuts down your throat...It makes me so sad to see someone so young be like this :(

So my new routine is reducing the gluten in my diet, watching portions, hoping to start adding a regular workout, and going to add a vitamin (my doc said to make sure i take folic acid while TTC) and omega-3 supplement (also known to work wonders with PCOS among other benefits :)

Good Luck Ladies :)

0 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo