Community post

Journal

Oh my god! Oh my god, you guys...

Tested again when I got home at 5 after holding it for about 3 hours.

Two pink lines after a minute that only got darker as time went on.

This is real. It's really really real. I'm excited and terrified. Pregnant and mom to an almost 3 year old. Good lord... and I'll be hugely pregnant all summer and I don't deal well with the heat to begin with....

First appointment is January 5th at 2:15 for an ultrasound and 3pm for a meeting with the midwife.

Oh. Em. Gee.

And now, not only is DH not letting me tell people that we were trying... but now he is making me wait until Christmas to tell our parents. I'm going to go crazy.... that is 3 weeks keeping this quiet. I don't know if I can handle it..... And I also have to keep quiet around the toddler because she tells everything I say to her grandparents...

(and sorry for the Legally Blonde: The Musical quote up there... I'm a bit of a theatre geek and that is my go to excited expression)

6 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Aww!! Yay! How exciting! Congrats! Keep us posted on how your first appointment goes :)

8 years ago

Thanks. :-) Feeling kinda gross tonight. Headache, achiness, slight nausea.... First symptoms other than that awful pain while sneezing yesterday.

8 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations! As for keeping secret, it shall be something common within men. My husband doesn't want to announce too, neither trying, though we decided to more than an year ago, nor success until it will be sure. I got it like something about 10 weeks pregnancy or later, when early loss risks are gone. Not sure f it matches what he meant though. Will see if/when we get to this point.

8 years ago

How many days did wait to test

When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. John 16:21 ESV http://bible.com/59/jhn.16.21.ESV

8 years ago

I tested Friday morning, AF not due until this coming Monday. Then tested again Friday evening and then again this morning. Two lines on every one. Everything is telling me 3w, 5d and that has me so confused because with my daughter I was over a week late before getting a positive

8 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations!! That's very exciting. I hate guys telling us to wait. My husband was like that, too. He was willing to tell people earlier with my daughter than my son, though.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo