Community post

Journal

Heartbreak and then Hope

Friday's ultrasound showed a gestational sac of 9 weeks and no baby or yolk sac. I was told that I had a blighted ovum and that, being a different miscarriage than before, it was another fluke thing. My HCG levels were unusually high, according to the doctor, so she scheduled me to go back in on Monday (today) for more blood work. All weekend, I've been a wreck. I've cried and cried. I've barely been able to sleep and I certainly haven't been able to eat.
Today's appointment.... I went in early for another blood draw and my levels were 215291 which, according to the doctor, is very high for as far along as I would have been. So she did an ultrasound from the outside. Immediately, I saw the black gestational sac and then... A blinking blob. I stared and asked the doctor what that was. She switched to an internal ultrasound and announced that it was a blob with a heartbeat. I cried... Lol! This little bugger was hiding against the wall this whole time so he/she couldn't be found. The baby measured 7w 3d but doctor isn't sure that's accurate because of how hard it is to get a good angle and how high my numbers are. I go back in two weeks for another measurement.
The doctor also found a mass that could have been a second pregnancy that failed or could be a fibroid tumor. She's not sure. Either way, she wants to keep and eye on it. She also will be monitoring my progesterone levels. They are normal but on the lower end of normal. She originally prescribed me supplements but has since changed her mind and wants to just keep an eye on it all.
So all in all... My weekend was a nightmare but now I'm keeping hope that things will stay positive. With numbers this high and seeing a heartbeat, I'm optimistic. <3
Thank you ladies for all of your prayers!

4 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Wow, you and I have had similar scares followed by hope! I am between 7 and 8 weeks and was told today my HCG is 150000, so we're in similar boats there too. So happy to hear another happy ending.

8 years ago

I am so happy for both you and Lib! I can't imagine how hard this weekend was for either of you and I'm so happy to read the positive outcomes. It also proves a second look is highly advised. Congrats mamas!

User Image

8 years ago

Again, wow, this is amazing. very happy for you.

8 years ago

Wow twice in one week so happy to read this.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo