Community post

Journal

Awaiting Friday

Last ultrasound didn't go so well... Midwife saw a sac that measured 6 weeks and a small yolk sac but no baby. She said that, by now, there should be a baby. My heart broke. Here I was thinking that things were going well and we had our rainbow baby. She brought the images to one of the drs in the office who said it just might be too early. So I'm scheduled for another scan this Friday.
I've had nausea all day every day, badly. I didn't have any morning sickness with DS so this is a good sign I hope. I had really bad cramping for a while too but no bleeding. It stopped completely the other day so maybe it was just a temporary thing?
Sigh... I'm trying to keep my head up but I'm so scared of another MC. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it again. Especially so soon...

6 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

I hope you will get good news with the next ultrasound. Prayers and positive thoughts your way!

8 years ago

Sending prayers and positive vibes your way!

8 years ago

It's really possible it was just a day or two early. I'm In the same boat as you where I was about 6 weeks at my u/s last Friday and there was a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no baby. Back tomorrow for another scan... But my doctor seemed like this was very normal.

<a href=

8 years ago

Thank you ladies. <3
Erica- I'm sorry to hear you're going through this too but it is nice to know I'm not alone. I'm glad you're doctor wasn't super concerned, like it was a common thing. It's reassuring to know that at least one medical professional won't jump to the MC conclusion. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm counting the days till Friday I have you in my prayers hun.

8 years ago

Hoping it was just too early to see something. Hope Friday comes quickly.

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo