Community post

Discussion

17 DPO NO AF Please HELP!!!

So my cycles are very very regular and always have been, and I am now 3 days late. I took a test earlier this evening and it was negative. I guess my question is, Is it possible to still test negative 3 days after the first day of the missed period?

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

to test negative and still be pregnant is what I meant to type... sorry :)

11 years ago • Post starter

You might be!! Some women dont make enough hCG at the normal time range. Ok, like some women might have 25 mIu three days after missed period and some might have 10 mIu. And if you have 10 mIu and your using a 25 mIu its gonna show negative even though you are. Wait a week and test again with first morning urine and if still no period and no positive call your doctor. Good luck and baby dust! FMU is very important because since you arent drinking while you are sleeping your urine will be more concentrated. Im not going to suggest a test because all prgnancy tests have there duds. But yes you can very well be pregnant especially if you missed your period.

11 years ago

Thank you so much! That makes me feel alittle better!!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Your welcome! Im new to this site and have one follower and I would like to follow you.

11 years ago

how did you get on?
I'm in same situation, negative hpt last night, am now 3 days late, never been late in my life before, didn't think i would get a bfp this month as bf was on holiday - so dates were only a slight possible. Been feeling pretty odd last couple of days, positive af was arriving since wednesday, but so far no show, today feel headachy and generally off colour/queasy. Don't really know what to think. Will wait few more days and try another hpt.

11 years ago

Hello (Sorry May be too long),

I don't post that much but I read almost all forum topics. Here's a little background about me. I'm Anne from the Philippines, I got 2 sons (5 and 2). We're not ttc but we're on calendar method. We're still aiming for a girl soon. So here's my thought. Sorry if I may be out of topic but I;m not really that familiar with this site yet but I found every forums I've read interesting and all the girls from these posts friendly. So here it is, Last May I was prescribed provera by my OB coz AF did not arrive april and early may which is my expected date. All HPT's are bfn's. May 27 7 days after provera AF arrived. We're not actively TTC but we're not using any contraceptives so if we do conceived he/she will be welcome. We're hoping for a girl coz we already have 2 sons. Because of the forums I've read I think the idea of getting pregnant made me excited this month. I'm on 13 DPO now. Is there a possibility that I may be pregnant? Here are my symptoms: On/ off Sore nipples and the area around my underarms, mild cramps on my lower abdomen, excessive sweating (coz i feel hot inside), tingling sensations on my arms and legs every morning, bloated, sometimes nausea and a bunch of others that are also part of PMS. I've always been regular except during april and may when I had to take provera last may 2012 before I got AF. I also felt the symptoms mentioned above those months which is why I kept testing but all BFN's. Is it still possible that I could be pregnant? Could I test as early as today? If I get a BFP I Would be very happy and will be very glad to have a girl. I hope I'd be able to have someone or more to talk to here coz I don't have anyone else to talk to at home.

Praying for more BFP's to all women here.

Analie

11 years ago

I'm in a similar situation. I'm 7 days late and 23 DPO, still getting BFN. Finally went to the doc to get blood test done. The wait is killing me.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo