Community post

Discussion

Going for July BFP - Join Me!

View Full Post

Hi Ladies -

Ms. AF just tracked me down and I'm out for the month of June. Now I'm CD 2 in my 6th TTC cycle. Starting soy isoflavones tomorrow (CD 3-5) for the first time. Fingers crossed for July BFP. Who is with me? What is your story?

Let's see how many BFPs we can get in this group for July!

351 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 351 Replies | Last Page

@charlotte17 yeah I have no discipline I'll prob start testing 11dpo I hope Incan wait that long :) we will probably be testing together so keep me posted :) fingers crossed for our BFP this cycle :) I'm really excited and hopeful for this cycle as it was the first time I used OPK :)

11 years ago

bowbow i was the same 2 months back had a major melt down when af showed thought for sure it was the month, never been so let down!! you feel awful, i was crying felt so depressed(hormones dont help either) did pull myself out of it eventually.
so many ,of my friends have found out they are pregnant lately some with first child and some their second etc they make it look so darn easy, but then you have to think everyone is different hun this is a trying time, and it will happen hun, have a look at the ttc success stories on here and theres one where a women was ttc for a few years and every month she tried new things to help which thats what i aiming for now, if not this month i am going to try menstrual cups after bedding to avoid leakage alot of women say this gets them their . Dont give up hun we have all been there god knows i have had low points, but the end result is worth all this hard work and anguish sending a huge hug

11 years ago

So I was reading my OPK instructions and realized a few things and thought they were interesting so I thought I might share my thoughts. I thought that positive OPK ment Ovulation day however.
Assuming you test at the absolute peak of LH. My tests state that OPK positive means will ovulate in next 12-36 hours. Egg can survive up to 24 hours so assuming that you ovulate at the later spectrum ie 36 hours later plus 24 hours for egg. Then you need to BD for 3 days after positive OPK.
Between that and BD 3-4 days before OPK positive is like 7 days of BD. no wonder I'm so tired.
Did everyone else know this about OPK ? I did not and am very very glad I red the instructions.

11 years ago

@ louisecie I didn't know this the first time I used them and we made sure to BD the week prior to a positive OPK and the day I got a +OPK but didn't the two days following. I've been kicking myself since then because I realized that a +OPK usually means your body is preparing to release an egg, not that it is currently releasing an egg right then. For me, I wasn't expecting to O until today, so I was expecting a +OPK yesterday. I got a positive on Friday night so I actually counted yesterday (Saturday) as my O day but we're going to BD today and tomorrow just in case. Trying to track the LH surge is so complicated! If you catch it at the beginning, you may not O for 24 to 48 hours but if you catch it at the end you may O that day. Crazy!

We all just need to make sure we're as often as we can all the time!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you Novalunar. i don't know why i was so upset this month. i think that like you, i am surrounded by people who are pregnant (and they managed it with ease) or those who have just had babies (telling me that we should have one).

anyway today i have booked a holiday to cheer myself up - we fly to rhodes next wednesday! i think that coincides with my ovulation dates! i will be taking my tests so that we can try as much as possible whilst on holiday! is that sad??!!

i hope that everyone is well!? thank you again.

xx

11 years ago

I get that also, ''surely its time for you 2 to have some babies'', off friends and my mother inlaw is just dying to be a grandmother, so bloody frustrating!! if only they knew that we are trying our darndest! !
Alot of people say a holiday is the best thing for ttc as you get lots of r&r along with loads of vitamin d which helps, and relieve alot of stress, just what the doctor ordered hun! so noway is it sad hun to check your ovu, its perfect!
I would love to go away, we'r moving house a the moment so we just had a very british holiday this year with money being tight.

11 years ago

@ louisecie how are you feeling???

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Charlotte I have very sore breasts but that is not unusual for me. Other then that I'm fine. No symptoms yet but Im only 3 DPO so my body may not even know yet if I did conceive. How about you ? How are you feeling ?

11 years ago

Pretty much the same actually. My bbs are sore on and off during the day and I have some dull cramping, but that's not unusual. Hoping for some implantation cramping the end of this week! Never thought I'd ever say that I was hoping for cramps!

This is only our 3rd cycle TTC but it was our best cycle yet for timing O and BDing so I'm really hopeful.

What cycle day did you O and BD? I'm interested in how people feel about the every other day method versus every day.

User Image

11 years ago

Hey I got OPK positive on the 25th assuming I O on the 26th. We BD 19th, 20th, 21th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 28th. The OH was to tired for 27th which is a shame I'm just hopping we BD enough leading up to. Fingers crossed for BFP. What about you charlotte when did you O and BD? What does everyone else do ??
Fingers crossed for BFP

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo