Community post

Discussion

Going for July BFP - Join Me!

View Full Post

Hi Ladies -

Ms. AF just tracked me down and I'm out for the month of June. Now I'm CD 2 in my 6th TTC cycle. Starting soy isoflavones tomorrow (CD 3-5) for the first time. Fingers crossed for July BFP. Who is with me? What is your story?

Let's see how many BFPs we can get in this group for July!

351 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 351 Replies | Last Page

Hi all! Can't remember if I've posted in this forum or not, but it pretty much goes hand in hand with one I started "Who else is hoping for a March baby?" - we'd all have to get our 's in July (or this weekend)!

I'm totally on board with the forced pessimism thing. For the last couple months I haven't even bothered taking HPTs; just waiting to see if AF would show up or not (and the obviously showed up everytime).

I had a really long March cycle (longest to that point was 37 days; 37 days came and went, but then so did 3 s) - finally AF showed up on the FORTY SECOND DAY. Enough was enough, I got into an OB/GYN (after 9 months of TTC - my periods were so irregular after going of bc last March she was concerned) and now have 2 cycles of Clomid behind me. This last one was 100 mg/ day - so here's hoping.

My original EDD was 3/17 (St. Patrick's Day - lucky! ), but I ov'd 1 day later than I thought, so it is now 3/18 - but I don't care WHAT day it is in March so long as I get a NOW!!! The next 10 days or so will be the longest of my life - since I feel this month I actually ov'd, we BD'd our butts off, and I'm just feeling really hopeful....hoping that the hopefullness isn't going to come back and kick me in the ass

Best of to all of us....anxious to start seeing those BFPs! Hopefully they are contagious!

User Image

11 years ago

SO RIGHT about defensive pessimism! Exactly what I am doing.

I'm not sure about the CM being a sign or not a sign, I'm more confused and concerned about my continued positives from my OPKs. It is really stressing me out b/c I was so confident in when I O'ed and we BDed around that time and then if I haven't O'ed or it was later than we didn't BD and that worries me. I looked at my cycles going back to March 2011 before we started TTC and before and after bc, I average a 28 day cycle. In looking at the times we BDed for the last 9 cycles there are actually only 2 or 3 months that we did it at the perfect time (assuming when I ovulated based on my cycle length and EWCM). I think what I have discovered was we have been BDing after O day. I also have a feeling that DHs "friends" aren't living long. Just a theory. So, I'm hoping that I O'ed the day after we BDed and not over the last two days. Or, maybe I will O now since my surge may be lowering and my egg will meet his sperm and create a little munchin!

I've never had a consistent pattern of CM before or after O, other than EWCM around O time. I read on many forums that certain kinds of CM can be a sign of pregnancy but I've come to realize that because we are all different with different bodies, one person's signs are just that...unique to that person.

If I am 2 DPO, I've had no symptoms, I actually feel quite good, as opposed to the last couple of cycles and cramping.

Sorry to write a book!

I hope at least one of us gets a BFP!!!!!!!!

11 years ago

pcb are you charting your temps? maybe that will help you realize if you have O'ed or not. I can't imagine your LH surge being that long but if it is that might not be bad..it may mean u have a higher chance of being fertile.

Also have you tried tracking how long luteal phase is? I recently did this and now I know that my luteal phase is 16 days..so I can always count backwards from the day AF started and know that was the day I O'ed in the past months. So it helps with estimating a little bit when you will O.

Also..next month..I know they are more expensive, but if your not preggo..consider buying the digital OPKs because they will give you the smiley face on the positive days instead of trying to interpret lines and figure out what day is the real positive day.

I only had 2 days of EWCM this month...soo I don't know how fertile I am. and I definitely don't think i'm pregnant this month. However I reallllly learned a lot this month from charting so it was still a successful month to me.

User Image

11 years ago

I have no problems figuring out if the OPK is positive, but of course then you wonder if you messed it up by bending it, or what not. Next month I am going to try digital and chart my temp if Im not preggo.

How can you track your luteal phase length? I have an estimation but that's based on my cycle length and suspected ovulation.

11 years ago

this might be confusing lol...

its usually between 10-16 days. you take the day you started AF..and count backwards to the day you O'ed. Mine is 16 days. your luteal phase will you usually NOT change from month to month. I went back and figured out mine has been about 16 days for the last 4 months. So while the Cycle day you ovulate might change..the length of your luteal phase will not.

This doesn't help immensely in figuring out when you o'ed but it helps to learn about your cycle..and "the more you know.." and all that. This helps me greatly because my cycle length varies from month to month. BUT now that i'm tracking my ovulation..i KNOW that I will always get AF 16 days after I ovulate.

So go back to your previous months..subtract the day your AF started from the day you o'ed in past months. you should see a pattern and your luteal phase should be the same every month. It you KNOW your cycle is always 28 days then you know what day you expect your AF to start this month. Count backwards. Lets say for example AF is due July 7th and your luteal phase is 15 days..counting backwards..then you probably o'ed on June 22nd.

don't know if that helps or not

User Image

11 years ago

Nope makes sense...I thought you were going to show me a fancy way with temps or something! I like this way better...much easier!

Well, the app I use to chart my cycles tells me my luteal phase is 14 days. I never noticed it until I just checked. I am going to say that it should be around that..13-14 days.

What I hope is that these tests, which I hear are super sensitive (these particular ones) picked up my whole LH surge and that I ovulated on the 24th or the 25th. I expect AF on July 9th so that would be perfect timing if my luteal phase is what I calculate.

As long as my luteal phase is over 10 days, I am good since that gives any potential fertilized egg enough time to the progesterone to build up and for implantation to occur.

11 years ago

AF got me June 15th. I am currently 2days past ovulation. I am hoping July 6th, when AF is scheduled to come she will stay away and I will get a BFP!!
BABY DUST TO ALL :)

I wish the best to all

11 years ago

I am 3 DPO and feeling good, nothing unusual.

11 years ago

GOOD LUCK LADIES! I'll be testing July 5th for my BFP! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

11 years ago

Good luck. I wish I could test already but only 4 dpo, hoping next week's busy work schedule and July 4th will keep me occupied.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo