Community post

Journal

Stay at Home Mom

Well... I was laid off from my job. I was with that company over 4 years, why couldn't they get rid of someone new and inexperienced with how things run there? I'm pretty hurt about it, have actually been a bit depressed because of it. I was close to people there, some felt like family... I was in the same routine for over 4 years, and it's suddenly disrupted and not sure how to process or handle it? I haven't ever lost a job before...

My husband is surprisingly fine with it. He told me not to worry, and if things work out financially, he would like me to be a stay at home mom. I would love that, don't get me wrong, but I worked since I was 15 years old, I haven't ever been out of work long... I don't know if I can get used to not working and making my own money. But the thought of spending all that time with Tim is very tempting ;-) plus, it would be better on us after having #2 due to what daycare would have cost us! So, it might work out. I wish I could have stayed home when Tim was a baby, I really think it would have helped my milk supply (which dwindled shortly after I returned to work despite many pumping sessions) so I could have breastfed longer. So being home with Tim and a newborn, it will make things easier to already be in a routine of stay at home mom. We shall see!

User image

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

I'm so sorry about your job, honestly I am feeling the same way here. I have a good feeling that come June I am going to get laid off too. I have been with my company for almost 5 years. But it will be nice to spend time at home with Tim.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo