Community post

Journal

Countdown to IVF

I have 18 1/2 days left until my IVF. I still have so many things to do to get prepared. I have an appt on Saturday morning to do all of mine and the Hubby's lab work. Seems like about 15 blood tests a piece. He has his SA test on the 18th, and I have my pap and breast exam on the 22nd. That should finish off the testing for us both. I am only a little nervous now and am mostly excited and prepared. I have been getting ready for this since September. I have my cd2 bloodwork scheduled with a semi-local fertility clinic, we have most of the travel money saved and the basic things set up for the week I will have to spend in New York. I am almost positive that the clinic I am using will transfer 3 embryos. At least that helps a small amount when I think about the thousands of dollars we are spending. At least there is a larger chance that one of the embryos will stick.. if I even make three viable eggs.. All I had that was wrong was my tubes were taken out in July. I am praying that is all I still have wrong. It makes my chances a little higher for success. I feel confident, but we have not started our bloodwork yet. It is pretty aggravating thinking about it, stressing about it.. My hubby has stopped drinking alcohol for his upcoming analysis and for the sperm donation I will need in January. I need to stop drinking coffee, but I am scared to shock my system and make it act weird before my procedure.. I don't want to do anything to mess my body's regularity up before I get to do this. I have been trying for almost 3 years now.. I pray this is the last time we have to try and we succeed this time with no losses. I just want to have a baby. If we don't succeed for some reason, we will try another time this year, then we will not try until next year.. I know that I feel like I am going to remain positive throughout this experience and keep telling myself that we will defy the odds and succeed on this first try.. I am going to make sure I keep my pineapple and pomegranate juice and find an acupuncturist.

Anyone that reads this that prays, feel free to say a small prayer for us to succeed and if you need prayer for anything going on in your lives, I will pray for you as well.

God bless and Happy Christmas!!!!

Angela & Daniel

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Good Luck with your treatment! I'll be starting IVF in the new year too (although not got a firm date yet)
I look forward to reading your BFP journal entry :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo