Community post

Discussion

Temp...... 99.0!!!!

So I have always had a low body temp.... even when I was little and I had a fever my temp was always 98.6 with a fever..... and usually 97.6 normal for me; I took my temp this AM and it was 98.2 which it has been for a few days- I just took it now after sitting for about an hour after work and it is 99.0!!! And I am not sick with anything!

Is this a good sign perhaps????

13 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Replies | Last Page

I would say it is but you should really test in the morning when your body has been at a full rest for 3 hours or more. I know how you feel about getting your hopes up with all the signs but just let it take its course for now. One of my friends who just got pregnant did bbt charting and her temp was always in the 97's and then when she was pregnant it was in the 99's,but she didnt get a postive on her hpt until being 7 days late for her period so that should give you some more hope!

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

13 years ago

thanks, maybe that will make me feel that I still have a chance this month:) I will keep thinking good thoughts for now!!!!

13 years ago • Post starter

I had a temp dip on Sat.... it was the lowest yet and then it went back up to 98.1 for the past few days; this was in the AM first thing and so I will check again tommorrow morning to see if it is indeed elavated! Hopefully it is!!!!

Mines 99 too. The longer i rest the higher it gets.

User Image 16th Sept 2010

13 years ago

have you gotten a 99 before this? Did you get a bfn or bfp? I still got a bfn today ...... so the waiting continues..... are you still in for this month then?

I wish I could get your high temps!! My normal body temp is only 96.98 so I have no chance - I hope it is a good sign for you

13 years ago

Mines actually 98.7. I have to convert it coz my thermometer is in celcius. Bfns on all tests today. Af due tomorrow or thursday and i know she's on her way as i've got really bad cramps.

13 years ago

maybe it is due to AF then? does the body temp go up with Af?

As I have read and heard body temp goes down with af.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

13 years ago

What is this BBT chart about ?
Follicular phase
Before a woman ovulates, the basal body temperatures range from around 97.0 to 97.5 degrees Fahrenheit (36.1 to 36.3 Celcius). This is due to the presence of estrogen, which keeps temps down. Temperatures will vary from person to person, but should stay below your coverline.
( Coverline shown on the sample chart as red __ __ __ dashed line )
Luteal phase
Once ovulation has occurred, the temps go up to a new, higher level, usually ranging from around 97.6 to 98.9 F ( 36.4 to 36.6 C ).The day after ovulation, the temp generally jumps up by at least 0.2 degrees F ( 0.11 degrees C ), and then continues to rise somewhat. This increase in temperature is caused by the progesterone released from the follicle after ovulation.

It will become apparent after a few days that it is in a new, higher range. The temps themselves will continue to rise and dip day by day, but will remain in the higher range. ( Above your coverline )

The actual temperatures are less important than noting a pattern showing two levels of temperatures. If there is no pregnancy, then your temperature will stay elevated for 10 - 16 days, until the corpus luteum regresses. At this time, progesterone levels drop dramatically and you get your period. Your temperature normally drops at this time as well, though it is not unusual to have erratic or high temperatures during your period.

If your Basal Body Temperature remains elevated for 18 days or more after ovulation, you should probably test for pregnancy.

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo