Community post

Journal

MONTHS & MONTHS OF TRYING- FINALLY GOT A BFP!!! HERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS!!

I'm beyond thrilled- I wanted to write this journal entry once my numbers were where they should be and it was officially "official" !! Today I'm 5 wks! :)

I always loved looking at symptoms of other women that got BFP's, and promised myself that I would write down all my symptoms every month so that when the time came, I too could share them!! Hope these help shed a little light for other gals during the 2WW!!

Let me start by saying, we had just found out on 2/4/2013 that I had a polp in my uterus that needed to be surgically removed, that same day I had a "flush" in my ovaries to figure out how big it was. The plan was to keep trying in FEB, but to know there was practically no chance that I would get pregnant due to the polp taking up space in my uterus. We were going to have the surgery 10 days after my period started. So, being 3 days late, thinking I was pregnant was the LAST thing on my mind- I was actually worried that I stressed myself out somehow, and that my period was delayed. I was in shock when I took the test after work, and a faint line showed up!!!

Here are my symptoms day to day:

DAY 16- Positive OPK. Feeling a little dizzy today.
DAY 17- Positive OPK, Bad cramping on the right. Def. ovulation pain. Feeling a little dizzy again.
1 DPO- VERY dizzy, to the point of feeling off balanced.
2 DPO- Feeling concerned for the dizziness, made appt with doctor.
3 DPO- Dizziness starting to feel better today; however left shoulder blade is acting up. Holding off on working out.
4 DPO- Left shoulder blade feeling better, but very sore to touch.
5 DPO- Went to doctor for what was now mild dizziness, told me it was Vertigo. Prescribed meds, but decided to not take them since I was starting to feel better. (My gut told me not take them- in hindsight I'm glad I didn't since they were not OK to take while pregnant!)
6 DPO- Bad headache & neck-ache- took 500 mg. Tongue starting to feel kinda numb too!? What is happening!?
7DPO- Left ear starting to feel clogged, tongue again feeling numb. Starting to wonder if I had an ear infection instead of vertigo. Still kinda dizzy. Gonna wait it out. Boobs starting to hurt today like they always do before period.
8DPO- 10DPO- No symptoms reported-all stopped.
11DPO- OMG. Boobs hurting so much!!! Hurts to walk, winced while walking down the stairs due to bouncing.
12DPO- Period Due yesterday or today (I'm a 28/29 day girl)--Put pad on waiting for it to start. Cramping a ton, gassy. Back starting to hurt, totally think its coming any minute now due to deep cramp. Boobs still really hurting though which is odd because usually by now they have stopped, or at least gotten way way less sore. They feel sore & bruised to the touch. Cramping a ton again at night.
13DPO- Boobs still sore, but seemed a lot more sore yesterday. Still "bruised" to the touch and hurt when I walk. This is def. odd that it's lasting this long. Very crampy again today, and gassy. Constipated.
Back pain. However, at nighttime all symptoms went away except for slightly slightly sensitive nipples, and semi-sore boobs.
14DPO- Boobs hardly sore at all. Cramping still, small backache. Smelling alot, but perhaps its all in my head?? Smelling roses a ton today too? Realize I'm 2-3 days late, and should pick up a $1 test tonight so that I can call the clinic by Friday if period not here yet. Took test around 7pm, and there was a faint positive. Could not believe it. Husband not sold on it yet since it's so faint. We picked up digitals for me to take in the morning.
15DPO- Took Digital with FMU- 10 Seconds- PREGNANT! Were both in shock!!! Took 3 more $1 store tests, all darker. We can't believe it! Especially me since I'm cramping SO much, and it feels exactly like period cramps, and my backache is just like a period too!!!! I am so thankful that God has giving me this little miracle, baby dust to all you ladies!!!! :)

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo