Community post

Journal

Coma

I just woke up from a nap that literally felt more like a coma...or what I imagine a coma might feel like. At any rate, I opened my eyes and stretched and felt like if I opened the windows it would be a different season. Prior to my nap I was definitely feeling discontent. I was staring at six baskets of laundry waiting to be put away and felt nothing short of EXTREMELY unmotivated. I told my husband that I feel like all I do when I am at home is find things that need to be done and pretty soon I feel buried and don't want to do any of them. I feel I am not providing my son with the stimulation he needs...I am not the stay at home mom I thought I was going to be. However, my son is 20 months old and has an attention span about 30 seconds long and it is cooooold outside....like below zero, so going outside is not going to happen. I need some direction so I don't feel as if my days are empty. I took a two hour nap and woke up with some new perspective. I could find someone to have a play date with...Henry could play and I could get out of the house. We can go to the library and play in the kids room. We can get a Y membership (maybe, we will have to see how much $) and go swimming. So....in the end, I realized it might be nice if we were all able to just sleep through the dreaded TWW, and when we woke up we would be filled with hope and we could just take the damn test and get it over with. If it was a BFP then awesome, but if not we could just move on without that feeling of dread building in our guts about all the hours and days we were going to have to wait to POAS because we'd know we could just sleep through it....and magic fairies would come and take care of our husbands and children and clean our houses and they would be ALMOST as good as us...but not quite.

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo