Community post

Discussion

Anyone else due to start clomid? Clomid buddy's required!

Hi all!

I have just been prescribed clomid after a mc in feb...not ovulated since! :( so due to start after next AF in about a week......

Anyone else in the same place? Be good to share the journey with others!

Gx User Image

18 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

Hello I am am 8dpo today! Also I am on my 4th round of clomid this month. We also did an IUI this month. I have 1 child which we used clomid to conceive. Good luck to you If you have any questions maybe I can help.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi thanks for reply!
I'm excited and really nervous! Have you had any side effect?
I'm taking them cycle day 2-6!
I really hope it goes well, I've only been prescribed 2 cycles worth, to start with!
Can I ask how long it took you to conceive on clomid last time?

Good luck with this cycle!!!!!!! Xxxx

Gx User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Mrs248,

I just did the CCT (Days 5-9) after doing it 2 years ago. I'm older TTC#1 (42), but have always had regular cycles. Since monitoring my LH surge for the past 22 months, aside from this past Feb., it has always come on Day 15-16.

I too miscarried last May (2011) and it took 2 cycles for me to normalize.

Anyway, 2 years ago when I did the CCT all results were nml and I had absolutely no s/e. This time, aside from Prolactin, all results were nml, but I am experiencing severe gas/bloating. I also had HA, increase in libido (not a bad thing), and nausea (dry heaves), but associated that w/ the bromocriptine I started d/t elevated Prolactin.

I also had the abd/transvaginal US, 10 days ago (Day 12) and all anatomy was normal w/ 2 dominant follicles on either side w/ good follicle reserve :)

It's interesting how much more sensitive I am this time around than I was 2 years ago, but nonetheless I am happy to know given my advanced age, I am still a viable candidate for pregnancy.

Best of luck to you!

Myself 42 Hubby 49 -------------- TTC #1 since 02/2010 User Image

11 years ago

I take it CD 2-6 also and the worst side effect for me is night sweats. I do get a little cranky I think my husband would say Last time I was on it for 2 months then moved up to clomid, metformin, and IUI for 3 trys so 5 months total. I have PCOS and endometriosis though so you may not have to do all that My sister only had to take it 2 months and it worked for her!! and

User Image

11 years ago

Also we had a suprise pregnancy 1 year after my son was born which ended in a MC. I am sorry to hear you had to go threw that. I hope that clomid works for you!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the reply's, glad no one had any adverse side effects! I'm expecting AF over this weekend.... So when it arrives I start the clomid on cd2!

So fingers crossed for all of us!!! Good luck :)

Gx User Image

@ Mrs248 I hope it works for you! and

User Image

11 years ago

I start clomid tomorrow. Cd 3-7. First round. MC in April. I'm a little nervous but I hope it gives us our bean. Hearing your stories makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Jennc I am on cd 4 and day 3 of clomid so far so good! Lol
Be good to share this journey!

Thanks everyone for replies, there is hope :) :)

Gx User Image

Hi ladies,

How we all doing??? Hopefully clomid is doing its stuff, should ovulate any day now.....fingers crossed!

Ive had no side effects at all?! I'm hoping that's a good thing! Lol ð???ð???

Hope your all well! X x

Gx User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo