Community post

Journal

CD 44/ 27 dpo/ Aug 22 2012 ---telling my mum

We've decided not to tell until after we've seen that all is well at the doctors at the 12 week scan. My mum will go crazy! When she learnt I was pregnant the first time (ended in a MA) she was upset she didn't know basicly even before I did the test that comfirmed the pregnancy. But I think we have the right to keep this to ourselves for a while... (Don't we?) But I know she will get very upset, feeling left out. But I don't want to give her the news followed a little later by telling her I got another MC. I've just told her about that first MA I got, not the chemical pregnancies, and she's still really really worried that I will never have kids because I've "started to late" to have kids (I'm in my mid 20's if anyone wants to know). I can't deal with her worrying. I can worry enough on my own. So I really don't want to say anything until it's pretty safe to tell her (even if she will get upset, sad or angry). Hopefully though she will just get happy. I mean she've wanted grandkids for a while now and she has none yet. Hopefully she will forgive me...
My DH's parents are much more understanding. They will not be upset because they understand we have the right to keep this to ourselves. I wish my mum was more like that.

Update about me:
I have light spotting on and off, depending on if I have been walking or lifing or anything that's even remotely a bit like "exercise". But the bean still seems to stick. The spotting is really light(pink), does not gett heavier or continues day after day, and not followed by stabbing or any direct cramping.
I'm getting more and more symptoms every day (sore/tender breasts, nausea just before I eat and when I'm hungry, weepy, moody, gassy, pinches, sometimes dull cramps, etc). But doesn't really feel any diffrent from when I wasn't pregnant(except my weird symptoms), so sometimes I think that maybe I'm not, maybe I'm just imagening things, and then I look at the positive test and high temp and I think through my symptoms, and then think "yeah, I'm pregnant".

3 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

First of all I am 41 and pregnant with my first after a m/c at 13 weeks in March. I am 16 weeks 5 days now so your mother does not need to worry that you have "started to late". We waited to tell everyone this time until we passed the 13 week mark. We only told a few close people before hand, but we didn't tell THEM until I was 10 weeks. So congratulations and do whatever you are most comfortable doing. This is your life and your baby. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

11 years ago

You don't need the stress! Tell yr mom when you are ready, I am sure she will understand.
Sending you lots of sticky vibes, may 'lil bean grow strong and healthy!

11 years ago

Thanks for the support! :)
I also discussed it with my friend (who except my partner is the only one who knows, since I wanted her expertis on how it is to be pregnant) and she said the same thing. Her actual words was "Let your mum freak out, if she wants to, if you want to keep it to yourself than do. It's your life and your baby, not your mums. She will just have to deal with it later on"
I'm glad I surround myself with so smart people.

41 isn't too old! People should just stop having so many opinions about the age women have kids. Especially since men can be 85 and still have kids. I am so happy for you being pregnant! Don't let people look down at you! Be happy and proud! :D

Also happy for you bina! Wish you the best!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo