Community post

Journal

CD 40/ 23 dpo /Aug 18th -after BFP and spotting and no spotting

I've had spotting 2-3 days in the past week, and it made me worry. But yesterday I talked to a friend (a mum) who said something that made me feel calm and hopeful about this pregnancy again. She said that when she was pregnant she sometimes could have colored discharge/spotting the same day or the day after she had gone shopping for several hours, especially if it was sunny and she didn't drink enough water. Also if she went biking, hiked for several hours, worked out, had sex or carried heavier things (bags etc) there could be spotting. She said it was different color, sometimes brown, red, orange, pink, but it was always a very small amount and never became heavier or lasted very long. Just some discharge once or twice during the day, then several days without and then one day with discharge again. She had asked about it and got the answer that if she wasn't used to working out (which she wasn't) (and neither am I) it's easy for the body to feel it's too much exercise when you're pregnant. And therefore bleed, since all the mucous membranes bleed more easily when pregnant and "irritated" (nose bleeding, vaginal bleeding etc)

Now I've been walking around like crazy in the sun, we hiked up a big hill and climbed several hundreds of steps to see the view from a tower in the city, etc so I've done PLENTY of "exercise". And even if I tried to keep drinking water I felt so bloated all the time so I don't think I drank nearly enough. So maybe that's why I've had these spottings? Maybe, just maybe everything is fine. :) Maybe, just maybe, we get to keep this baby. :)

General update: (and in advance, sorry if tmi) I've had spotting on 4-5 occasions (spread out on 3 days) during the last week (the 3 days spread out during the week). The color has been pink or light beige-yellowish. The amount has been small, sometimes barely even visible. Most days I just have white-yellowish discharge, nothing else. And the symptoms are continuous: tender breasts, constipated, bloated, dull cramps and feeling full faster and for a longer period of time than usual.
There hasn't been very much pain, although dull cramping and pinching does occur. When I had chemical pregnancies/MCs in the past there has been more cramps and stabbing. Also when I had chemicals/MCs the spotting continued for several days and there was more colored discharge than now.
So I feel hopeful, for now at least. :D

Baby dust and sticky vibes, and best wishes to all!

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo