Community post

Journal

Staying Positive While TTC

We just found out a few days ago that our latest attempt to conceive wasn't successful. It was amazing how many symptoms we seemed to have, I was sure that it had worked. Alas, here we are back in the game.

So, my goal for this cycle is to try and stay positive. Right now, I am feeling like it is never going to happen for us. We were at the store today picking up a bottle of vitamins and the woman behind us (with two kids and another on the way) was buying an entire shopping cart full of junk food. I couldn't help but feel angry that we eat really healthy, exercise most days and are doing everything "right", yet still are stuck in this seemingly endless cycle. I know these negative feeling can not even remotely be helping, so I will return to my resolution - stay positive.

Here is my plan for the month. First, I need to make time to exercise. We used to run or cycle regularly, and that got pushed to the back burner when we started TTC. We have really made an effort to get back to it, and have been regularly running 4-5 nights a week. I usually feel an immediate sense of calm after finishing a run, I'm hoping that will start to have a more lasting effect during the day. We are also going to go back to doing our dvd yoga program, Restoring Fertility. It is tailored to the four parts of a woman's cycle to help with conception. It really helped with stress the cycle we did it.

Second, we need to spend some quality time together, in a non-TTC context. We have been together for 11 years and I thought the most stressful times were long behind us. I never imagined TTC would be the most stressful thing we have faced together. I know when I get upset, I want to withdraw into myself. My wife needs the exact opposite, she needs support. I need to find some way to stay connected as a couple. We recently started learning to salsa dance, and are headed out tonight for a night of dancing. I also picked up three bottle of nail polish, she loves to get her toes painted.

Third, we have a week trip planned for our fertile days next cycle and are going to try and treat it like a mini vacation. The southwest is really hot in July, but we found some fun activities, mainly river tubing, an ART walk, ice skating and a baseball game. There is a children's store in the area hosting a class on cloth diapering while we are in town (I know, only a TTC couple would go to a diapering class on vacation).

Here's to staying positive!

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo