Community post

Journal

The waiting game

Here I sit at CD 12, waiting for O to happen. Waiting for that second line on my OPK to get super dark. Waiting to start the BD session once again. Waiting for time to pass just a bit quicker.

After O, I'll be waiting once more. Waiting for 10 long days to go by. Waiting for symptoms to kick in. Waiting for the second line on my HPT to show up. Waiting to know whether or not I am pregnant.

Of course once I get my BFP I'll be wishing away time again, looking forward to the second trimester. Once I reach the second trimester I will (no doubt) be wishing for the end of my third trimester. Once I reach my third trimester I'll be waiting with great anticipation for that first contraction that will bring my sweet baby into my arms.

Sometime down the road I'll be in the waiting game again. Waiting to try to conceive once more. Waiting for the whole vicious-yet-lovely cycle to start all over again.

What is wrong with the here and now? Why am I so anxiously living for tomorrow when today is all that a person is ever guaranteed? Why not enjoy the moment I'm in right now instead of rushing to get to the next phase?

Ralph Waldo Emerson says it best: "How much of human life is lost in waiting." I think I'm going to take this day by day. Yes, I'm excited for what the future holds, but I'm going to seize the here and now, enjoying every moment I have today. :)

User Image User Image

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo