Community post

Journal

Anyone else feel like they failed?

Month 2 of ttc and I don't feel pregnant. On day 12 past ovulation and no bfp and I feel like af is going to rear her ugly head soon. I feel ridiculously emotional and my dh doesn't get the sadness. I think sometimes it is different for men. He looks at it like he will get to have more sex next month. I mourn for the baby I want. I feel guilty about that too...wanting another one when I have 2. When I conceived my first two we didn't really have to try at all and that is why I think it feels different this time. Everywhere I look (at work especially) it seems like everyone is pregnant and that is all anyone ever talks about. I try to be happy for them but I am and a little jealous and it makes me kind of depressed. I am probably making a mountain out of a mole hill but I think whether it takes 2 months or 2 years the bfn still hurts just the same...it feels good to get a little of this off my chest and after I have a good day or two of wallowing and self pity I will psych myself up to be excited for the possibilities of next month...

2 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Your journal entry is exactly what I was thinking just minutes before I read this. I think it might be common with a lot of women who are TTC. We are pretty close with cycle days too. I keep blaming the hormones that I'm taking to make me have a cycle. (I know it's just me) My sister in law is pregnant right now and she complains EVERY DAY about how her back hurts and how pregnant she is. (UGH) But it makes me want to slap her and say, Look at the gift you have and be thankful. So pout and quietly hate all the people around you, then cheer up. Being happy makes it easier for you to get knocked up! (Really, I read something about that in some article about TTC. It's why I eat a little chocolate everyday too! :))

12 years ago

Thank you! Glad to know that I am indeed not crazy and someone else feels the same way :) I am allowing myself 1 day of self pity and then looking forward to the next month :)

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo