Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 4

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help them conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and you can never give TMI, remember we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

297 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 297 Replies | Last Page

My beta came back at 7. :(

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Today is my first cycle taking Clomid...50 mg CD3-7 and will do IUI as soon as I have a positive OPK. I ovulate regularly on my own, however my DH's SA showed low cout so I'm hoping to improve our chances of releasing more than one good egg. Besides weight gain I have read that it causes moodiness, I sure hope not because my DH will probably put me out the house seeing that I'm already a handfull right now.
Has anyone had any sucess ssyories?

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

11 years ago

Welcome TSIMMONS1123! Glad to have you here. I've just completed my third cycle with clomid and I got my first BFP this morning. I started at 50 mg and the last two cycles have been 100 mg. Don't worry about any particular side effect, because Clomid really affects each woman differently. My first round I had two bad migraines, but I haven't had any side effects with the last two rounds. I also didn't have the horrible mood swings that I read about, although I know there have been some people on here who have experienced those and have just prayed that their DHs would be understanding. You never know how your body will respond to it. I wish you the best of luck with clomid and your iui. I hope one cycle is all it takes for you to get your! BFP!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

Lisserb- thinking of you a and praying....have you had another beta?

I am soooo happy to let you all know i got the results from my 3 day FSH!!!! It came back at a 8.3!!!!!!! A year ago it was 10 which was considered borderline!!! I am soo excited! This is good news for me!

Dh has appointment for Monday for his testing!

User Image

11 years ago

I go this afternoon for another beta. I'll probably not get the results until tomorrow.

I'm not really spotting anymore. I didn't test this morning with a frer, only with a dollar store test. If I squint hard enough, I could swear there was a line there, but I've been there, done that before.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

lisserb- good luck! I hope this beta test comes back with better results.

Sweeti- congratulations! I hope all goes well with your pregnancy!

tsimmons- welcome! I'm excited to have another face around here. I hope you feel at home with us :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Tsimmons. Everyone affected by clomid differently im on my 3rd cycle at 50mg and i have got progressively moodier and more irrational every cycle. I take it day 2 to 6. First cycle didnt put it down to anything and took me till about day 6 to click. My weepiness, moodiness and irrationality has started on day 3 each cycle and lasted until about CD 17. (Im not normally this bad lol). Luckily my partner fab and just ignores it, or goes with it once we clicked to it was the hormones. Mind you we are quite open. I said to him today, hey hun, have you recovered from last month yet. His reply was oh god is it that time already. All in jest, I hasten to add (although bding is very mechanical at the mo). Been trying for 2 years, and im in the old bracket, 37, so dont know if theyll give us more or go further as yet. We are now bding from day 6 every other day as although my bloods showing im ovulating, i havent had a positive opk yet.
By the way what is beta testing guys?
xxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

@lisserb: I'm sorry your beta test came back so low! I sure hope it was a fluke and you're pregnant!

@looplyns: beta testing generally refers to beta HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels., It's a blood pregnancy test. In a non-pregnant woman, they are less than 10 mIU/ml. They are typically about 100 mIU/ml 14 days after ovulation in a healthy singleton pregnancy. They should double every 48- 72 hours in a healthy pregnancy.

@felurian: Thanks! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

cheers hun, are the people on here who are having them in the UK? Not heard of it. Only bloods ive had are day 21 to check that i am actually ovulating. Before and after the clomid.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

I got a positive on a dollar store test!!

User Image

They should pick up starting at 25miu. That means that my numbers are going up!

Grow baby grow and stick baby stick!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo