Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 4

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help them conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and you can never give TMI, remember we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

297 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 297 Replies | Last Page

yeah lisserb! awesome news!

loopylyns- Positive opk for me today! I start 2ww tommorrow! That book you are reading sounds hilarious!

I serously need to reread what is going on with everybody....i am about to give my notice for a job that has become rediculous! I have not been paid since january! and the lady keeps telling me she is going to pay me! I can't take it any more! I felt sorry for her and thought that she would back pay me....etc..

I am hoping this is our month! Praying for you all!
xoxoxox

User Image

11 years ago

lisserb day 13 (well day 14 now as past midnight) only done my temp last 2 days and had a drop today. Temperature though doesnt really show anything with my cycles, or they didnt back when we started trying in 2010, my temp was all over the place. i stopped tracking last year as it was getting too emotionally draining tracking temperatures and symptoms every month just for af to come every month. Im more regular that I was in the distant past ( between 7 and 53 day cycles and horrific periods, why I went on the pill) i seem to average a 29 day cycle.
Ive started trackling even though its mid cycle as cos of this book im feeling a lot more positive and able to deal with the billion gazillion people who are falling pregnant while still on the pill and not trying (slight exageration due to length of time weve been trying etc) ive also found 3 opk sticks and 2 pregnancy tests tonight so may test tomorrow to see if there is a positive on the opk. xxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

I just have to rant for a second and don't have anywhere else to do it. My brother's wife has two kids, both conceived extremely easily (first month). This was her status yesterday on Facebook: "Ugh. I am so annoyed with my children today. I'd probably give them away. (I tried to give Jake to mother in law. She said no.)" It REALLY irritated me. Sure, sometimes kids get frustrating I understand that. But to post something like this on Facebook? I could have gone off on her, but the only thing I said was, "I'd take them." She knows all about my struggles, so hopefully that's enough to send her a message.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

felurian rant away. its so frustrating, it upsets me with people who dont know what me and other half are going through but not their fault, cos they dont know. About a month ago one of my other halfs friends came to speak to me outside the pub. he wanted to tell me his girlfriend was preganant and didnt want me finding out from anyone else cos he knew it would be upsetting. he wanted to tell me in private, before others, and ended up telling me before my other half, cos he understood how much more upsetting it was to me cos of our circumstances. I thanked him for being so thoughtful and congratulated him. He said his girlfriend had been worried about telling me. he went back inside and told her I knew. She then came out wafting her bloody scan picture under my nose and proceeded for the next 20 minutes to tell me how wonderful it was and how easy it had been to get pregnant. I walked off after 20 minutes, think I lasted quite a long time. so blinking insensitive. xxxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Ugh loopylyns that sounds dreadful. It was so nice to see the sensitivity from your friend. It's too bad that you didn't see the same courtesy from his girlfriend. Some people really just don't get it, and never would until they were in our shoes.

Another pos OPK today... I'm guessing this is the real one and that my pos on CD10 was just a fluke. The pos today is right on time as expected, so I'm going with this one. The only bummer is that I thought I was 4 DPO today! Now I'm starting over with my wait

11 years ago

Ive got a question with OPK's as never really used them and found some yesterday in a drawer. My last cycle was 29 days always been irregular and not tracked for a long time, Im on day 14 of my cycle today so did an opk. Just a reminder im on 2nd cycle of clomid 50mg which i take days 2 -6 if that makes any difference. The OPK today showed a very faint line but its definitely there. do I count today as im ovulating due to the faint line or do I keep testing and class the day when I get a darker line at least the same colour as the test line as the day i ovulate. Im a tad confused as I had some spotting yesterday as well. Also I always thought baby dancing every other day was best as it takes time for sperm to replenish, although in the funny book im reading and on here lots of people seem to do it at least once a day once they see ovulation. No concerns with other halfs sperm he had a count of 90 million and 80% mobility so nice high counts. Thanks in advance for advice xxxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

looplyns: a positive opk is when the line is as dark or darker then the control line. when I got my bfp dh and i bd'd every other day from days 12-20 (my dr had told me to do every other day 12-16 we figured a couple extra days couldn't hurt). when doing this i got my bfp on round 1 of clomid (although i know everybody is different, i just got lucky). i also used preseed and didn't get out of bed until the morning on nights when we bd'd.

11 years ago

lyn, the test line on the opk needs to be as dark or darker than the control line in order for the test to be considered positive for your surge. Just having a second line there, no matter how dark doesn't indicate ovulation unless it is as dark as the control line.

If you have enough, keep testing. Try to test at the same time each day, and in the afternoon, as that is when the LH is most concentrated in your body. When you do get the true surge (test line as dark or darker) that generally means you will ovulate within about 24-48 hours.

I've never had spotting before I ovulate with clomid, but I do afterwards some cycles.

I have to use opk's for the next few days too, and I'm actually hoping I won't see a surge! I need it to wait until I get another ultrasound so that I can use my hcg trigger shot.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

thanks for the quick response lisserb. thought it had to be the as dark. I have 2 more opks so will use those, did it in the afternoon etc will order some more. good luck with your journey xxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

@loopylyns- You already got a great answer, but I want to add that my doctor told us to BD every other day, too. If you do it every day, it's harder for the man to make enough high quality sperm. He can make enough to do it every day eventually because his body will get used needing to make that much, but the sperm won't be as strong or healthy. My doc told us every other day CD 10-20 to make sure to catch O even if I don't catch the surge with my OPKs.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo