Community post

Discussion

Sperm Meets Egg Plan????

Has anyone tried the SMEP with success? Pros and Cons???? We are trying it this cycle... My DH said it was taking the fun out of it. So I dont know if itll be fun or not. If not... we will just let it happen when it happens so to speak

User Image Miscarriage 1/6/2012

13 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Replies | Last Page

hi cnicole, my last cycle buddy
here is new cycle, new hopes

unfortunately I don't have a successful SMEP plan
but I ll stand here by you and may be someone will share the magic SMEP plan

btw, men only look strong with all their muscles but in reality they're such delicate creatures; espeacially when it comes to ttc they are completely lacking girls' toughness and endurance... so keep him reasonably distanced from all ttc stuff-men do have tendency of freaking out when it comes to ttc turmoil

share all your ttc sorrows and excitements with your ttc sistas, not with dh

11 years ago

Hey Hun!!!! Well I am CD5. What are you now? I started temping this month as well as taking zinc and B6. Have you never heard of the plan? BD every other day starting CD8 then once ovulating BD for the next three days in a row. Then skip a day and BD the next. Ill let ya know if it works. I O between CD12-15

11 years ago • Post starter

ah...now I remeber, yes i've read about it...I just checked my last cycle bbt- I pretty much followed SMEPlan but Iwas not taking B6 nither zinc (that's why it probably didn't work )
actually I am taking B6 this cycle hoping to extend LP
so...

11 years ago

I do not need to extend my luteal cycle... Do you think I should still take it? I have a LP of 14 to 15 days... I just figured it wouldnt hurt??? My hubby is also taking zinc since it helps the egg and sperm healthier :)

Of course not. B6 will never hurt you, the longer LP will never hurt you - just keep in your mind that the period may start 1-2 days later on the cycle when you start taking B6.
I can see already the positive effect of b6 - gives much more energy - and i sleep so much better...

cnicole, how is the temping going? when do you expect your next period (hopefully in a year but...)

I hope someone else who ovulate end of May join this thread...and tons of for us

11 years ago

Good Morning! K Good :) I will keep taking the B6. I just really like my short cycles because lie this month I ovulated in the beginning and end. I should O a week from now :) I am thinking I will start my period June 14th since I had a 28 day cycle last time. It might be longer because of the B6 I am taking. I do not know how long it takes vitamins to effect your cycle. temping is going great! DH gets up at 530 every morning so I have been doing good this week. I just wish I would have started last week when my cycle started. One thing that I am kinda scared about is that my temp is below 97. I am thinking it might have something to do with the auto immune disease I have? I have reynouds and I get cold almost instantly. I know its not my thyroid because they checked that the end of last year. Ohhhh and when are you do to O? Hope its our month for some

P.S. Also.... I understand how your temp rises... However... Can you explain to me how it works? What happens when your tips rises after O'ing? Also... How do women see that as a sign of pregnancy? Confused...

It's amazing but this stuff (temping/bbt) does work indeed.
Before I started bbt I was sceptical too - what if you get slightly sick, what if it does too hot in the room/ your partner sleeps almost over you and he's hot ... but apparently it does work
I am not a big expert, I only charted 3 cycles..my first charting month I got bfp (mmc at 12 weeks) and now it's my 3rd charted cycle after loss..yeah, hoping third time is a charm
I learned a lot while charting and it helps me to reduce the stress of ttc...I know where I am in the cycle, and at the end of the cycle (the worst time ever-PMS and potential hopes which will be cruelly broken in 8 out 10 cases --> reality of ttc: with everything done perfect we still have only 20% of getting it )..so around 10 dpo I know already without all that testing craziness if I am in or out in the current cycle because the temps drop (they might go up again but I know if it drop after 10 dpo then for ME it means -no luck) then I stop guessing/testing and just doing my own grieving and waiting for af

11 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up! Thats awesome that around 10 DPO ya know. Well you dont "know" for sure. But still!!!! I wont have the upsetting NEGATIVE! Thanks :) I am so excited after AF leaving. I try to stay positive. I am about to do a yoga video ... I heard its good! I also got a pill case by day so I always know what I have taken! A week from now hopefully Ill get a positive OPK I am not telling DH the days of my cycle when the plan said to BD. So itll take the stress off of him.

I started using opk yesterday because I took soy for early Ov. Yesterday the test line was very pale but today it was almost as dark as a control line. Probably Ov is close. I am leaving for a beach vacation on 8th of June, and my period is supposed to start on 9th, so I do want to have a shorter cyccle this time so if I am not preggo my AF would come June 6th-7th...
when are you planning to use opk (if you you plan on using them)

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo