Community post

Discussion

~ Confused and (a bit) saddened ~

DH and I have been TTC since March. This month we bought the Digital OPK and have tested once a day (per the instructions) w/ FMU. Last night, I tested w/ a regular strip, (the cheapo ones you buy on Amazon) and the second line was lighter than the control - negative. This AM (5:30 am), I got a Smile :) on the digital, OPK+. I tested again this AM about 3 hrs 45 min later (at 9:15am) (almost 4 hours) w/ the cheapo strip and again, 2nd line is a lot lighter than the control :(

Today i'm on CD 11. My cycles are usually 29-32 days. My last two cycles have been exactly 32 days. I have had CM the past 3 days... is it possible for me to O this soon? Or sadly did I just get a false positive?

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

My RE told me never to test for OPK with FMU because it can give a false positive. That could be what happened, since you got those mixed test results?

User Image 03/02/2012 IUI #1 BFN 03/30/2012 IUI #2 BFP! - Chemical Pregnancy

11 years ago

I heard the same thing, except that it was true only for the strip tests, not the digital ones. When I spoke w/ Clear Blue, they advised that for the purposes of their test (yes the OPK digital test) to use FMU. This is what it says on their web site:

"To make sure that the hormone level in your urine is concentrated enough for the test to detect, itâ??s important not to urinate for at least 4 hours before doing the test.You can test at any time of the day, but it should be at the same time each day. Many women find that first thing in the morning is the most convenient."

Since posting this, I have had a faint headache all day and felt pinching/cramping in my lower abdomen (on the R side) so i'm almost convinced I am O-ing right now.

Just to be on the safe side, i'm going to continue testing. :) I totally agreed w/ what you said, until I talked to ClearBlue directly.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo