Community post

Discussion

Internet cheapies vs First Response

I've read a lot online about internet cheapies not being as good as First Response. I'm wondering if any of you girls had good results with them. I tested yesterday with the internet cheapie but haven't tested yet with a name brand and I'm wondering if I should buy one just in case . I've read on other boards about getting positives on FR and negatives on IC. In the past I've used FR and got my BFP on 12dpo. I ordered the cheapies this go around and have been testing since 10dpo all negativo! Debating on going out and getting a few FR. Anyone out there who has used both? Preferences?

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hello, I brought some dollar store cheapies from the dollar store and some didn't come out just very faint BFP and some BFP then I would some cheapies at Walmart for.88 and brought 2 they both came back BFP. I am now testing with First Response and have gotten back BFP on all of them, my advice don't waste your time on the cheapies tho they do work for some. Just got a FR and plus the have coupons and you can get your money back with the mail in rebate, so you still winning!! Good luck...

I'm 11DPO w BFP tested w FR!!!

11 years ago

Thanks Dreamn,
I went and picked up some FR's today and came up BFN. I'm 12dpo and waiting on AF due on Sunday. I have to say I'm having major symptoms so I'm pretty sure my BFP is on its way.

11 years ago • Post starter

I tested this morning (11 DPO) with IC and had it be very negative... I have a Clear Blue Easy Digital but I don't want to use it this early. I am having symptoms but am not sure what to do. My tests came from Fertibella and I don't know how sensitive they are... AF isn't due until Saturday (I have a 16 day luteal phase)... ugh the wait is killing me :(

11 years ago

I've never used the internet strips, but I am honestly thinking about ordering some purely because I know I am a POAS addict and would save a lot of money by using cheap tests to "give me my fix" per say!

Will buy FRER and digitals once I get a BFP on the cheapo or if I miss my period and no BFP on the cheap strips.

So, i've heard to stay away from Wondfo though, is there truth to that? Any brand preferred above those? I guess for 15 bucks and being able to pee on 50 sticks vs 2 for the same price, I'll take my chances until
is late!

11 years ago

This is my first cycle using Wondfo dip strips and I loved them. Even at 7dpo I was getting a shadow. Got good BFP on 9dpo so I was happy with them. But I HAVE heard bad things about them. So YMMV.

11 years ago

i bought the cheapies purly because they are cheap ... i can use them to test everyday then once i get a BFP ill go and get a proper on that ill keep in my memory box i have ... i got mine of ebay i think i got to seperate srengths cause i got a faint BFP this morning on one type but not the other i read up and one was ultrasenseitive the other was standard... but it you a POAS addict like me than its a chepaer way to go lol we dont have 'dollarstores' where i live so ebay its cheap

11 years ago

I have to agree. If your addicted to testing this the only way to go. You can purchase Wondfo 40 ovulation tests and an additional 10 HPT's for under $20. Shipped within 24 hrs.

Highly recommend!

http://www.amazon.com/Combo-40-Ovulation-10-Pregnancy/dp/B001FYLNVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337993831&sr=8-2

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo