Community post

Discussion

New, Excited, and Scared---2 DPO Looking for cycle buddies

View Full Post

Hi all, my name is Kristen! I'm 27 years old and I'm 2 DPO. My husband and I just began trying during my last cycle. We have been talking about getting pregnant for a long time but just now started to try. I'm very excited to be TTC but it's a little scarey too. It's like you are on a roller coaster and you are at the top of the first big hill, you're excited to be on the ride but also a little nervous of whats about to happen. I hoping to find a cycle buddy to talk to about the roller coaster of emotions.

User Image

48 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

11 - 20 of 48 Replies | Last Page

Yeah I'm trying to not over thing it either. It's hard when you're gassy and you can't help to think maybe I'm pregnat or it's the chinese I had for lunch. I have a busy weekend planned so I up it helps keep my mind off of it for now.

HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies!

So I just noticed that when I 1st posted I said I was 2 dpo. I was actually 3. My ticker was off for a couple days, but I fixed it. So that makes today 5 dpo. Anyone else doing bbt?

With my dd I think I started getting symptoms about 5 days before period. I had increased cm, gassy and heartburn. But no tender bbs or nausea until I was about 5 or 6 week pg. Years before dh, I was pregnant, which ended in a m/c and my 1st symptoms was super soar bbs and that was a few days before period. I can't recall any other symptoms but I was also not ttc so I wasn't really looking. But with this last pg, that ended in m/c I had the same symptoms as with my dd and around the same time.

So I'm not expecting symptoms for a least a few days, but I can't help but think about it with everything. I think I'll start testing around 9 or 10 dpo. With my dd I got my bfp at 10dpo. This last time was 12 dpo. I know 9 or 10 is early but I've got about 8 dollar store tests so I can do one every day! POAS addict?! Yup!

-Nicole

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Nicole,

I'm doing bbt, but for the past couple of months I haven't had too much luck with it even though I'm testing right when I wake up in the morning (at the same time). I have a digital bbt thermometer; but I can perform two tests 20 to 30 seconds apart and the temperature can vary by .5 to .8 degrees. Bizarre. I may just have erratic temperatures. I'm still testing though...because it gives me something to add to the chart every day. :)

I need to find out where all you ladies are getting the Dollar Store tests. I've been buying the 3-pack Clear Blue or First Response tests from Walgreens and I think they run about $6 per test.

- Kat

User Image

11 years ago

i am going to try my hardest to wait till i am 14dpo before i test. gotta try tto keep myn mind off it lol

User Image[/url][/url] Me=28 DH=27 DS=born 8.16.07 DS=born 1.20.10 TTC#3 ing for a

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, especially with it being Mothers' Day for lots of you (in the UK we celebrated Mothers' Day back in March!) - it must make it even harder to keep yourself distracted from TTC!

I've actually been having some weird symptoms... I keep telling myself it's way too early for anything to be happening (I'm 4dpo), but the last 24hrs I've been soooo hungry! Even half an hour after a big meal I've been feeling ravenous, you know like that gnawing feeling in your stomach when you've not eaten in ages? I actually woke up at 5am, feeling so hungry it made me nauseous! I don't want to read too much into it, obviously, but it's hard not to when there's that little voice saying "you could be pregnant" lol! Never have I wanted to feel sick so much!

Anyway, I'm trying to hold off testing until at least 10dpo, if I can make it that long. I buy the cheapie Internet tests (like �£3 - about $5 I think - for 15 from Amazon) as I'm such a POAS-addict, but I have a FRER saved for 14dpo :)

I had a lovely message from my sister today, too - she just had her 2nd DD last month after 3 years of trying, so I'm totally in awe of her right now... 3 months and already I'm going crazy!

Kat - you should always take your very first temp, it will change very quickly as you wake up in the morning, so it's normal to get that variation in temps even only 30secs apart. It's a chemical thing as your body wakes up. I have my DH take my temp for me so I don't even have to move (lol, any excuse to be lazy!), but I notice a difference in my temp on the mornings I feel more "awake". So long as you do it the same way, at the same time every day, and as soon as you wake up, before even getting out of bed, you should be ok. There's some great info on the FertilityFriend website for BBT charting :)

Thinking of you all!

Kim xx

11 years ago

Hello all!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and mother's day.

Today 7dpo for me...it feels good to know I'm half way done with my tww :)

How is everyone feeling? Any symtoms yet? How soon is everyone planning to start testing? I almost bought some tests at walmart last night...it was really hard not to get them, lol.

I've been feeling pretty normal, trying to not over think any symptoms. I did cry yesterday for no good reason other than just feeling anxious about upcoming testing, and my dh is out of town. Which makes waiting hard without him here to talk to. I'm gald I found this forum and all you to talk to...it makes me feel less crazy!

User Image

Still no real symptoms yet. Feeling a little bloated but that's probably from all the cake and fatty food I ate over Mother's Day weekend. Might also explain a sudden acne breakout. I swear, my skin was great when I was on the pill -- hopefully this is just a temporary flare-up. I'd hate to revisit the skin of my teenage years.

Trying not to think about symptoms too much...although it's hard. Luckily I don't have any pregnancy tests in the house...otherwise I'd probably be testing every morning. ;)

~ Kat

User Image

11 years ago

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was fun but busy. Now I'm being super lazy and recovering from it. Plus I woke up at 3:50 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep?! So annoying!

Kat: yes the bbt is kinda tricky. It isn't totally accurate if you can't get it at the same time, do it the same way and there are no factors changing the temp like how cool the room is or if you're feeling sick. So it's a little obnoxious but if you get used to it, it really does help you track where you are in the cycle. Or a least confirm what you think.

I get my tests from the Dollar Tree. Not sure if they have them everywhere though? I live in Washington State.

Tessa: Wow, you have so much more self control then me! There is no way I can make it to 14 dpo! I am planning to wait till 9 or 10, but don't be shocked if its 8 dpo!

Kristen: I'm not sure if its symptoms are not. But I've been really gassy and bloated. I had most cramping on days 5 & 6 and little bits here and there. Hoping that was implantation cramping. If so testing in a couple should show up! But then again, the cramping could be from being gassy and the gassy could be from all the naughty food I've consumed lately! What day are you testing?

Kim: I hope those symptoms are it!!!

Emily and binkibdatqt4skii: how are you doing?

-Nicole

User Image

11 years ago

THE WAIT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, LOL!!!!

Nicole- I orginally planned on testing 14dpo which would be monday but I decided that monday was a bad day and moved it to Sunday. I have a super busy week at work so I am just trying to focus on that and not testing. Let us all know when you test :) I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

Kim and Nicole- Symptom wise I have also been gassy but I haven't ate the best lately either. I've had some mild cramps ever since O they come and go but I feel them everyday. I have been super tired the past few days but I've been really busy too. I think mostly I am just feeling the stress of the wait more than anything.

I'm happy to be in the second half of TWW! I know some of you plan on starting to test soon!!! I bet you alll are as excited and nervous as I am :) I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope to hear from you all soon!

User Image

Hello ladies! So yesterday I was feeling a lot more symptoms: sensitive bbs, cramping, soar back, & super tired. So I caved and took a test in the early evening. I got a super faint line, so I took another one and it looked the same. So this morning I took 2 more, they looked the same as yesterday, pink line that came up right away but so faint. So I don't really know what to think yet. I actually felt like puking while I was at work. So I ran to the store and got some cracker then I felt better. I am still only 9 dpo so I'm quite early still. But with all this I'm feeling quite hopeful!

My test # is #25745 if you want to check it out.

How about you girls? Any new symptoms? Anyone caved like me?

-Nicole

User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo