Community post

Question

Not so much a question - but a warning

Very long story short...

We have been trying to conceive now for 19 months. Been to fertility clinic and there's nothing "wrong" with either of us.

Anyway this month we did everything right. Took 2 Superdrug early detection test on Friday and got faint but definitely there positives.

Took a frer the next day and tested negative. Have since read that Superdrug is more sensitive.
Took another Superdrug and frer this morning. Superdrug was a stronger positive came up within 2 minutes. Negative frer.

I now have period pain and my period has started. Bang on time.

Looks like I've had another chemical pregnancy. This is my 4th now. That I at least know about.

My warning... stay away from early detection if you're struggling to conceive. I'd never have known otherwise and could have avoided a lot of heartache, upset and disappointment.

Knowing we succeeded but it didn't take - again - just makes me want to give up. Can't keep doing this to myself.

1 Answer • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Sorry to hear this. The same happened to me last month after I miscarried in April. I got my hopes up thinking how quickly I'd got pregnant and then aunt flow arrived on time :(

I got my BFP in July's cycle and I'm 6 weeks now, hoping for a sticky baby this time around.

Good luck xxx

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo