Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Lets Make Some Babies!!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!!

Lets start things off as usual.... with an introduction/update!

My name is Joy
I am 28 (29 in about a week), and dh is 29
we've been together 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently almost 11 weeks pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apts were April 19th 2012 & May 3rd
At our May 3rd apt (at 9 weeks5 days) we heard the best sound ever - our little one's heartbeat!!
We're going for our 1st non-diagnostic u/s on May 15th!
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

277 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 277 Replies | Last Page

Brittney!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

11 years ago

im exicted to but not telling anyone till 1st trimester is over

11 years ago

Hi,

I am Sabrina and I am 33 and DH is 35, we have been ttc for 6 months now, I am currently waiting for or . We have 3 children Samantha (15), Kayleigh (13) and Dylan (6).

I am not sure when I ovulated, it is usually around cd22, but I think I O'd a bit later this month so I maybe around 11 -12 dpo (cd38), my cycles are usually 36 days, but my cycles have been known to last as long as 42 days .

I have had a horrible cold all weekend which is driving me mad, I have had a few cramps and pinching, but no spotting. So I am unsure what is going on at the minute.

I hope you don't mind me popping in here with you all, I could do with the company as nobody knows we are ttc and it is getting harder not having people around to talk about it with.

Sabrina

User Image User Image Very Faint 17.08.12 it sticks!!!!!!!

11 years ago

i def see that one!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Nicole- Yeah, my pregnancy journal says the same thing that once you can hear the heartbeat between 10-20 weeks your chances drop to about 3%!! Was super excited... we have officially announced to the world that we're preggo (We did it on my birthday after the u/s) I am so excited for your apt in 4 weeks!! Can't wait for you to see your sticky little beans heartbeat thumping away on the u/s!! My next apt is on Tuesday... not sure what testing he'll do, Im hoping he will still let us hear the heartbeat again... not sure if they usually do it at every apt or not. Seriously so excited for you!!! Can't stop smiling!!

Bumble - Aw your poor puppy, hope he's doing well! Bet he (and you) can't wait till the stitches come out!

Elle - Glad you had a good day! No preggo signs isnt necessarily a bad sign!

Brittney - sweetie!! I definitely see a line! Im predicted a girl too Hope you come over to the BYOB thread on cmp!

Liza - Yay glad your family was excited! I wouldnt stress about the d&c having been so recent... supposedly your more fertile after a m/c... seems to be the case for you, me and Nicole!!

Jil - Hope af passes soon.

Sabrina - Welcome to the thread! This is an amazing group of ladies, very supportive & wonderful! I am sure you will soon be just as addicted to this thread as the rest of us!

Katie - Getting excited for you!! Your apt is this week, right, onThursday?

Wow are we ever on a roll for bfps!! Keep it up ladies!! Can't wait to see who's next!!

AFM - Well at 12 weeks I have officially retired my size 5 jeans and graduated to maternity jeans! They are SO comfy! I was getting dressed this morning and tried on nearly every pair of pants I own and ended up in a skirt, just cause I couldnt find nice jeans that didnt look sloppy but also didnt make it difficult to breathe... I'd kinda like to be able to sit in my jeans!

Aside from that, not much else is going on. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Is it a long weekend for everyone or is this just a Canada thing?

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

morning all!

talk about on a BFP roll!! so many coming out and very excited for you all, hoping it rubs off on me!!

As Joy pointed out, appointment on Thursday!! Hope they do more than just talk, i need action otherwise I might breakdown! but also DH beinghome for my next fertile time has cheered us both up. he is already talking about it! sounds like I am going to be spending a lot of time on my back! heehheee! This period and my last were quite painful again so I hope that gives them a good clue on what to do first. but I hope the appointment gives my body enough of a scare to think "whoa I dont want any operations so here you go, here's a sticky bean to keep you quiet for 9 months"!!

not a long weekend here in australia but have one coming up for Western Australia. it was called foundation day but they are changing it to WA day this year. it marks the first colonial landing in WA. not sure which year though.

did i tell you my citizenship application has been accepted? just waiting for a ceremony now! yipee!

bahoward - why did you have a D&C in feb? interested as I wonder if they might suggest one for me as my periods are more on the brown side than red (sorry tmi!) and apparently that can mean old blood is being left behind and i assume D&C is one way to get rid...? but second cycle, that is great! gives me hope! i try not to put deadlines on this but i would like to be preg when my first pregnancy would have been due (5th July)

so, three days work this week for me as I have taken off friday in case the appointment doesnt go well, and because i want that more time with my DH while he is home. get some practise in for the few days after that!!!

11 years ago

Hello ladies! Congrats bahoward!!

So df and I had another fight today. I wouldn't really call it a fight. It was pretty tame. A lot of things got out in the air. Now it's clear and I'm much happier and less worried. I feel much better.

However. I didn't get to voice my concerns about ttc and where we stand with the shot. Hope I get to soon. Df dreamed a few times that I'd be pregnant/give birth in February so hopefully may/June is my month!

AF stopped then we bd'd and she started again a bit. She should be gone by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I ovulate on June 4 th. so I'm planning on bding on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Come hell or high water. But it's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday so it should be easy. Or at least easier.

Congrats again brittney. Happy and healthy 9 months! Share the luck will ya!

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies.

I just finished my nightly cry over ttc and how it feels like its never going to happen naturally. I cry myself to sleep nightly over this. I need to convince my fiancé to get the shot that increases sperm count. I know it'd work. His excuse now is that he wants to wait until we get our own place in August. What's the difference if I'm 2 months pregnant when we move? I don't know what to do to convince him. Why won't this work naturally? It'd be so much easier. Oh God. I'm going to cry again. Ladies I need hope. I think we all do.

11 years ago

i think you are putting too much emphasis on getting that shot. I know if helped last time and Im sure it will help this time but i can see that he might think that he isnt enough to get you pregnant on his own and he needs medical assistance to get his own fiance knocked up! that can be quite a knock to the male ego! crappy excuse I know but it can affect his performance and the end result if he doesnt feel good about the situation.

and what is the big issue with waiting 2 more months to get the shot? he isnt saying to stop completly till then. Maybe he just wants to feel more secure in your own personal space before he helps to bring another human being into it. again that could be a male pride thing. he cant knock you up and he cant provide a home for you if you were. I know 2 months feels like a life time! I was told to wait three months after i had my tube removed and i wanted to cry right then and there! but in reality, they went really quickly.

maybe you could agree to the shot in August but take out the money for it now so its not an issue later, but say as compensation for you waiting, he has to be at your beck and call for the next few months so when you are fertile he is ready and waiting!! Have you tried the other ways to increase his count? there was a conversation about it on another thread when their other half went from 7 mill to 11 mill with some simple life style changes. maybe give the next two months for that saying if he is going to make you wait, he has to be committed to changing things and giving natural the best possible chance which will also show his dedication to you and the pregnancy. wouldnt it mean more if he came to the decision on his own instead of being "convinced" into it?

what is the name of the shot cos I've not heard of it?

personally I would be nervous about starting a family if I didnt even live with him because I would worry that there would be one thing after another that would delay us getting our own place cos i wouldnt want the stress of finding a place and moving while I was pregnant, even if it was only 2 months along.

and imagine the daily (or nightly!) stress you are putting yourself through if you are crying yourself to sleep each night. that certainly isnt good for you or your relationship.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo