Community post

Question

What happens at first fertility appointment

Hi
I've got my first fatility appointment end of jan at the hospital I was wondering if anyone knows what will happen as the letter dosnt give much away only if I'm on then I have to change the appointment.

Thank you for your help xxx

3 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I was supposed to go to one but it was cancelled the week before because i found out i was pregnant (the nurse joked the clinic usually jinxed couples), but they were gonna do the usual: vitals, weight, height, then take down medical history and review gynecological history and obseteric (if apllicable) review and medicene you take. and depending on what happens you may be sent for blood tests and give urine sample (to test for infections, diabetes ect)

6 years ago

Thank you, my appointment isn't untill the end of jan so I hope I can cancle it due to good news ???? they have told me of I'm on my period then I have to make a new appointment so hopefuly I get a scan too xx

6 years ago • Post starter

I have had PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome ) since I was 16 I have been TTC for 5 years with two MC. I have had a ton of reproductive and fertility appointments. In your initial appointment they will do all your basics weight height go over medical history and all you have done to TTC. They will then most likely take blood to check hormone levels. My doctor went over the test they were going to do to check to see my ovaries and uterus. I had a vaginal ultrasound done as well as on the stomach. They also did a die test where the cathed my cervix to test to see if my tubs were open. Sometimes after all that they will try medication to help conceive. And sometimes they will want to do exploratory surgery . This is just what I have been through! I hope this helps. Best of luck. And hope you will have to cancel due to you conceiving!!!!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo