Community post

Question

Sharp Pains During Ovulation on Clomid

I'm on my first round of 50mg of Clomid, taken days 5-9 of my cycle. I had negative opk's throughout my fertile window, but there was a definite darkening of the line on day 17, followed by an agonizing afternoon of sharp stabbing pains in my rectum. Felt like gas, but wasn't. It was like my entire abdomen was contracting for a few hours.
I got my day 21 progesterone back and it was 56, so I'm confident I ovulated, I'm just curious if anyone else had bad ovulation on clomid. Still only 5dpo now so I won't test for a few days.

2 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I used to get sharp pains on the ovary I was ovulating from, then once the egg was out, my entire abdomen would bloat so bad I couldn't sit flat on my butt. I had to sit on a hip for the rest of the day, and sex was completely out of the question. Depending on how I sat, I got sharp twinges in the rectal area. It definitely wasn't fun! The things we do to have a baby, eh?!
Hope u get ur BFP. Good luck! =))

7 years ago

do you know how many follicles you had? clomid stimulates the ovaries to overperform so 3-4 follicles can ripen and rupture - this is of course more noticeable than just one. you should drink as much as possible to wash out the excess oestrogen, this makes it better

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo