Community post

Question

Whats going on

I tested yesterday and got a faint bfp even though it was faint it was clear to see then today i tested again hoping it would be darker and it was negative why? Was it a false positive my periods late and im having symptoms has anyone else experianced this ?

Poll:
Pregnant (0 votes)
False positive (0 votes)

3 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Can you post pictures of the tests to the test gallery? It would be helpful to see them to answer this question.

Without seeing the tests all I can really say that is the first positive test may have been a faulty test. It's possible you were seeing an indent, antibody strip or a dye run.

If the test was definitely a real positive then your urine may be too diluted today to get another positive. If you didn't test with the same type of test it could be that the test from yesterday was more sensitive. For example, FRERs are far more sensitive than some other tests like an EPT or most store brands.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Thankyou for replying iv tried to post a picture but it wont let me do it from my phone both tests were FRER's and both taken in the morning iv tested agian and it was negative so im thinking it was just a false positive definitely not an evap or indent because it showed within 3 mins and was very pink iv been googling and apparently lots of people have had faint positives on FRER's and not been pregnant it's honestly heartbreaking

7 years ago • Post starter

Yeah that does look very positive.

I have a friend who with infertility who has been TTC for 2 years and she got a super obvious, not even that faint, pink line on a FRER that showed up in the time frame and we both thought it was her BFP. She had a beta hCG drawn the same day and her hCG was <1 so clearly not pregnant. She was just totally devastated.

So unfortunately false positives on FRERs do happen. :( I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is. I really hope that you get your real BFP soon. *hugs*

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo