Community post

Question

71 hcg at 13 dpo... Normal?

Just had my first beta at 13 dpo and it 71. Is this normal? I'm finding conflicting information...

3 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Betas only really help that early if you have a repeat beta drawn so you can see doubling. As long as doubling is happening appropriately I wouldn't be concerned. There is just such a wide range of when implantation can happen. 71 would be low if implantation happened really early around 6DPO but would be really high if implantation happened at 11-12DPO. Since you don't know when implantation happened there is no way to know if 71 hCG is "good" or not. So just go by doubling and whatever your doctor tells you.

Anytime you have questions about lab results you should ask the doctor that ordered the labs.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

71 is within normal range and would NOT be low if u implanted on 6dpo. There's a calculator on here to check dbling time. In a span of 7 days (6-13dpo), whether u start with a level of 1 or 5, u dbl to 71 in less than 48hrs...that's not low, that's normal and well within range! Request another beta or 2 to get ur current rate.
Congrats! =))

7 years ago

I didn't mean for my random examples to be taken as fact. I just sorta threw out some examples to illustrate a general concept. My entire point was that super early on the most important thing about beta numbers are that they show an appropriate doubling time for hCG. There are too many variables early on. What hCG was the pre-pregnancy level that cycle in the 0-5 range that is normal for non-pregnant women? When did implantation take place? Is doubling happening every 48 hours or a little faster? Is the person really 13DPO or are they "13DPO"?

The "normal" range is something like 5-440 (roughly. You can Google it) That's a pretty wide amount of variation. Which goes back to what I was saying about the most important thing to look for at this point is that doubling is happening appropriately. And discuss any questions/concerns with your doctor.

Also, if your doctor wasn't concerned then everything is probably just fine. :)

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo