Community post

Question

I don't know what's going on with my menstrual cycle?! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Hi ladies! I am very very confused and concerned about my menstrual cycle at the moment and was wondering is anyone had any idea what might be going on. I'll try to make a long story short. About two and a half months ago, I discontinued taking my birth control pills (Luteta 28's) so my husband and I could eventually try to conceive. Well, I figured after I stopped taking my BC that my period would be slightly irregular, but nope, AF came like clockwork exactly a month later on October 2nd and ended October 6th. With that being said, I am now currently on day 49 of my normally 30-35 day cycle- or in other terms I'm 14-19 days late. I've taken two cheap 1$ PT -one a week ago, one yesterday- both were negative with one having a dark evaporation line an hour later. Today I took a ClearBlue+ PT with a BFN as well - but with a possible faint evaporation line, unsure. Could I be pregnant, or are my hormones outta-wack? What's going on?? How long do I wait for AF before seeing a doctor?

Poll:
Most likely pregnant (: (0 votes)
Irregular from stopping birth control (5 votes)
hCG may not be high enough (0 votes)
Doctor!! (2 votes)
You might be stressed.. (0 votes)

3 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Did the second evap line appear within the allotted time frame? I'm assuming it didn't since you said the other evap was an hour later. If it appeared outside the time frame you have to consider it an evap (which it sounds like you're doing, so that's good). But just to be thorough in my response here I have to include the obvious that if the second possible evap showed up within the time frame it could be a faint positive. IF this is the case you should test again in a couple of days just to confirm either way.

Also, it often takes women a couple of cycles for their bodies to really normalize after BC. It's possible you ovulated last cycle and so it was a normal cycle but this cycle you either ovulated a good bit later than normal or you're having an anovulatory cycle, which are longer. In either of these cases you wouldn't be late yet. IF you ovulated later than normal you could still have a chance to be pregnant this cycle and you just aren't enough DPO to test positive.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

It happens to a lot of women just getting off bc I would call your doctor. He may have to give you something to start your period again. Things will go back to normal in time. I know it is so frustrating :(

&

8 years ago

I totally relate with you! I just got off the NuvaRing in August which gave me regular 28 day cycles. My first cycle off was 36 days then next was 30 then 36 again. Now onto cycle 4 and wondering what's going to happen. I've been charting from be start which at least helps me to see if I'm ovulating based off of bbt temps and start to see patterns. Are you chatting? Have you read up on any fertility books I found that it helps me a lot to understand my body more in this crazy post birth control journey. Glad to find someone in a similar boat to me! Keep me updated.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo