Community post

Question

Is 119 Hcg at 3 weeks 6 days too low?

I have been getting positive pregnancy tests for a week now, and as of a few days ago my pregnancy symptoms basically stopped. I feel completely normal (which worried me.) SO I called DR and had my levels checked. At 3 weeks 6 days the number was 119. The nurse was very concerned and told me this was on the low end, but we would recheck in 48 hours to see if they doubled. Her comment was there is a chance you ovulated late, so yoour dates are off....however I know when I ovulated because I use OPK and have my cycle down to a fine science. I cried all day. This is my 8th pregnancy...I do have 3 beautiful kiddos but trying for this 4th has nearly done me in lol. I guess Im wondering if anyone has insight about this number? thanks ladies.

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It's technically within the normal range. The only thing that matters is if they are doubling. Just hang in there. It isn't your fault if something happens and it might not. I have read boys tend to produce less hcg and at a slower rate. Could just be a boy.

8 years ago

You know what, 119 is a good number, congratulations!!! And don't let others scare you. I hate it when nurses and other clinic personnel voice their "concerns" like that.

8 years ago

I'm pregnant with a girl, and my levels were much higher, but I wouldn't worry too much. Like another user said, boys tend to produce less HCG than girls for whatever reason, and you're in the normal range. I hate how much emphasis some doctors put on HCG levels. It causes unnecessary stress. As long as your levels double every 48 hours or so, your pregnancy is progressing normally. Congratulations :)

8 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement and support. My levels are dropping as I feared so miscarriage is imminent.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo