Community post

Question

Can someone help me please?!

I started birth control last month. I am on my second pack of pills. I had sex Saturday and Sunday unprotected. I took my birth control Sunday but missed Monday and Tuesday. I haven't been on bc for awhile so I'm not the best at taking pills. Thursday I started spotting and bled till about Saturday. Nothing like my period and didn't even have cramps. Could this be my period from missing two pills that fast? Now I'm just spotting here and there. Should I be worried. I'm a fertile mertile ????

7 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

It could be from having started the pills, then forgetting. Did you double up on them on Wednesday and Thursday after you missed? All you can really do is wait it out and see. Also, try to bear in mind that many women on this site have been ttc for months and even years. While not hurtful to everyone, it can feel a little insensitive to some to read your dilemma of being ultra fertile when you'd rather not be. I'm not admonishing you at all or trying to make you feel unwelcome, just alerting you to the type of environment this is (overwhelmingly made up of women and couples desperately hoping to conceive).

If you did happen to accidentally conceive, it'll be a couple weeks still before you would be able to test for it. Continuing your pills in the meantime *shouldn't* harm a baby, but you might want to verify that with your doctor. Good luck!

8 years ago

I understand what your saying. I have been on this site for a couple years now. I been looking on web sites to try and find some kind of answer. But thank you for commenting.

8 years ago • Post starter

You're welcome. I'd honestly assume that your hormones are just a little out of whack right now from starting the bc, then forgetting it, then taking it. I haven't taken bcp's for about a decade, now, but when I would forget and have to double up, I would very often have spotting/breakthrough bleeding.

8 years ago

I didn't read that you had to double up :/ I had sex Saturday and Sunday. I took it Sunday night. Forgot Monday and Tuesday and just took them once a day. Like as if I didn't forget to take them. I never doubled up. Is that bad? Or do you think I would be ok. Sunday was the first day of the second row.

In general, you double up, but you need to see what the instructions that came with your pack say. Any time you miss a pill, it decreases the efficacy of the entire pack, so your odds of conceiving while on bcp are going to be a little higher than if you hadn't forgotten any. You might consider something you do at roughly the sane time every say, like maybe brush your teeth, and add taking your bcp to that routine. BCP works best if it's taken at the same time every day, so that will not only help it work better for you, but will hopefully trigger a reminder to take it!

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to write me back. I have a alarm on my phone to take my pills. I just wasn't home at the time and I turned it off thinking I would remember when I got home but I didn't. I have a 2 and 4 year old so I have a forgetful memory at times lol ????

No problem and I definitely understand how little ones make you forget to take care of yourself. I always hady best success at remembering to take mine if I took it right before bed. I went to bed at about the same time every night, so it helped the pills be more effective for me. For a long while, I took progesterone only pills because I was breastfeeding and it's really crucial to take those at the same time every day. If you have a pretty set nightly routine, that might work for you, too.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo