Community post

Question

Is it possible to feel pregnancy symptoms within days after DTD? This would be my second pregnancy.

Call me crazy or tell me I'm imagining it, it's REALLY early days but I feel like I've been feeling pregnancy symptoms (and some which were similar to first time round). The last few days I've had quite loose moments (sorry if TMI), bloating and I think my boobs seem a bit funny. It wasn't til today that I'm really starting to wonder, from this afternoon I've had a lower back pain and pretty uncomfortable lower ab cramps. Can it be possible you can get pregnancy symptoms this early on or should I be seeing a doctor for something else?? My period isn't due for another 3 weeks so it's not like I can do a test within the next couple days. Anyone experience this or similar?

7 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

could be implantation cramps, ur not crazy some women just know

9 years ago

Implantation happens ~7-12 dpo, 6 dpo at the earliest. After that the HCG first has to rise before you can experience true preg. symptoms. I don't know how many dpo you are. Best to you.

9 years ago

Just trying to figure out what it could be cause I think it's just far to early to get symptoms. Never had implantation cramps before so could possibly be. Not used this site in a long time, do you just guess as best you can from signs of ovulation for start of DPO??

9 years ago • Post starter

I use OPKs and BBT charting to confirm the ovulation date. Then it's not a guessing game and you know what dpo you are. Bloating, cramps, etc - I have had that a number of times the days after ovulation without a BFP in the end. But I wish you the best of luck whenever you start testing.

9 years ago

Thanks Mozart, don't know how I did the DPO the last time. It's not just the cramps now, wondering why getting other symptoms....think will just put it down to imagination.

9 years ago • Post starter

Many symptoms (fatigue, nausea....) early on are just caused by progesterone and not HCG, the pregnancy hormone. Take one day at a time and test once you think you missed AF.

9 years ago

I too felt some symptoms the next day with my last. That night I had hot flashes like rushing of hormones. 3dpo-5dpo I had sore bbs, lower back cramping, nausea and extreme exhaustion. I know they say it takes 6 days at the least but if your downstairs "situation" is perfect grounds for conception, it can happen. No two women are the same and if you look up early symptoms, there are more of us that you think who have had the same exact issue. Good luck!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo