Community post

Question

Counting Weeks of Pregnancy

OK: dr's count from your first day of your last menstrual period, right? Mine was 2/16. that would make me about 6 1/2 weeks, right? Am I doing this right?
Also, does anyone have the Ovia pregnancy app? If I enter my LMP it tells me I'm only 4 weeks - they count the first week as week 0. Is this right?

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

You'd be a little over 5 weeks along... and yes doctors (most of them) go by the first day of your last period.

9 years ago

yep u would be about 5 weeks 2 days I believe. most doctors do go by the first day of ur last period. they sometimes cant when a woman has irregular periods tho (like me) so they go by my ultrasound measurements. good luck with ur pregnancy. o yea I also have Ovia pregnancy ap. I put in the due date I was given & it has my weeks of pregnancy exactly right.

9 years ago

If you know your ovulation date, you can count back 14 days from that and call that day the first day of your LMP (even if it wasn't). Just kind of standardizes due dates to the "average" - they'll tell you how far along you are and establish your real due date when you have your dating ultrasound.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo