Community post

Question

Gestional sac but nothing else,

I had a positive test on the 27 of Octoberwich is 2.5 week from now. I don't know know when I ovulated i think around the 17-19 of October s I should be 6 weeks. But I went to the ob yesterday and had an abdominal ultrasound but only had a gestational sac. No yolk sac or anything I have to go back in 18days for another ultrasound. I am feeling hopeless right now. Anyone ever have anything like this before

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

That's an awful feeling. I'm so sorry you are going through this. What is you HCG? Is it rising? It's possible your dates are off and you are earlier than expected. I've heard of women having a really early ultrasound that showed just the sac and went back later and the fetal pole was present. Any bleeding? Why are they making you wait so long? Can you get in sooner? Typically it's about a week later they can check.

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

9 years ago

he did not check my hcg. I have taken the clearblue test with the weeks estimator and today it went to 3+. the doc did not seem to condensered. he just told me to come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. but its thanks giving so it another week. i know the same thing happened with my last one but he did a transvagial ultrasound and it showed up.

9 years ago • Post starter

An abdominal u/s is not as sensitive as a transvaginal u/s.... At 6 weeks, it's not surprising that all you saw was the g/s, the embryo is way to small to be properly seen via abdominal u/s and the heartbeat just started so not strong enough to be properly detected. Most doc don't even bother with abdominal u/s this early. It just cause's more stress for you for no reason. Don't feel hopeless, it was just too early for an abdominal u/s.

:)

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo