Community post

Question

Ovulation and + OPK while breastfeeding

I've had 3 post partum periods, and after this last one I was finally able to see a positive OPK on cycle day 20. I had a positive OPK for about 24 hours I believe. I'm breastfeeding my 9 month old 5 - 8 times in a 24 hour period.
What are the chances after seeing an LH surge with a positive Opk that I did indeed ovulate??

I had very fertile mucus for 3 days before and on the day of the positive OPk. I also am charting temps and saw the temp rise about 3 days after the positive OPK

Poll:
Most likely ovulated (7 votes)
Slight chance of ovulation (0 votes)
Most likely didn't ovulate (0 votes)

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Breastfeeding as a means of delaying ovulation is fickle. Any disruption in your bd'ing schedule (baby starts sleep sttn, for example, or you pump, or you supplement for a feeding...just about anything that changes a 'round the clock bf'ing schedule) can stimulate the return of ovulation. If you're trying to prevent, be aware that you're likely ovulating. If you're ttc, be aware that your cycle can be really unpredictable and you may not ovulate some months. It takes awhile for things to get back on a schedule, sometimes, and you may have a completely different cycle "normal" than you had pre-pregnancy

9 years ago

bd'ing should be bf'ing.

9 years ago

Well it looks like I did ovulate! I got my BFP!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo