Community post

Question

Leukorrhea

I'm 3dpo is it possible to already be producing leukorrhea? My cm is creamy and it's not usually like that after I ovulate.

We all need a baby dust fairy to sprinkle it around. A sprinkle here. A sprinkle there. SPRINKLES EVERYWHERE. *****BABY DUST*****

5 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Leukorrhea is a general term for discharge. 3 dpo your progesterone takes over and it can change your discharge. If it starts smelling and gets itchy, get it checked out by a doc because it could mean an infection. You will notice change in your cm often during your 2 week wait.

Jan 6 2010 - DS Preston May 27, 2013 "Angel Baby" - (13 weeks) Feb 20, 2015 Sleeping Angel Connor Everett - (36w4d) Mommy loves you Sweet Angel.

9 years ago

Ok. There needs to be an opinion for stretchy creamy white look cm. Because I just don't know what to classify this as. Sorry to seem... ignorant.

We all need a baby dust fairy to sprinkle it around. A sprinkle here. A sprinkle there. SPRINKLES EVERYWHERE. *****BABY DUST*****

9 years ago • Post starter

Leukorrhea isn't stretchy. It is milk like, thinner than creamy. 3 dpo would be WAY too early for that since leukorrhea is the discharge of pregnancy. You're not pregnant yet at 3 dpo. All you're noticing is the normal discharge of the lp.

9 years ago

Well actually TECHNICALLY it could be from pregnancy even without implantation having occurred yet. Extra discharge starts to occur almost immediately after conception. However, yes, discharge changes a lot during the 2 week wait so this really isn't the best way to try to guess if you are pregnant. I've been pregnant twice and I had plenty of that nummy discharge but I also notice I get it just before my period starts so...

9 years ago

Actually, Leukorrhea can be broken down into two parts, Leuk/o which means White, and -rrhea which means discharge. Properly defined as white discharge. not all DC that comes out of the body is white in color, so leukorrhea is not a general term for all discharge. it only describes the white discharge that comes out during the time of pregnancy. the DC that comes out between periods is not called Leukorrhea. I have a medical background and my information came straight out of a nursing textbook. You are correct about the hormonal changes during pregnancy affecting the DC however. And yes, if you have this white discharge and you are hoping it means pregnancy, it should not have any foul odor and there should be no other external symptoms present ie. burning, itching, redness, or swelling of the inner and outer labia. As said above if such things are occurring along with the leukorrhea then it is possible that there is a yeast infection without pregnancy or along with. See your DR.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo