Community post

Discussion

TTC - New and looking for cycle buddies

View Full Post

Hi I am 24 and DH is 29 and we are trying for number one after being married almost two years.

We have been trying for a few months without much success.

I am currently cd 2/3 and lookinf for anyone who wants to chat or be buddies. I am starting to temp this month as well as opks and preseed.

233 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 233 Replies | Last Page

I'm on either cd14 or 15, as I am not sure which day was day one with AF this month...

in regards to dtd , i thought it was every 2nd day until you get a pos opk then its for 3-5 days straight and then back to every second day?

We used to do every day till after o but it gets so tiring for poor dh!

11 years ago • Post starter

This is my first month on the forums, didn't know you were supposed to BD every other day... Guess my husband got a little lucky this past month!!

What exactly is PreSeed?? I've seen posts about it, but once again... I'm new to all this checking my 'symptoms', charting, and 'BFP Helpers' . Also, when checking temp, is it *right* when you wake up?? It's obviously too late to temp this month, but if the shows up Friday, I'm going to try temp'ing next month.

I totally agree it's a difficult situation to be around... There's so many preggers and you want to be happy, but it's hard to be happy for people when you're dying for something inside.

Here's to hoping for V Day Babies!!

User Image

11 years ago

Preseed is a lubricant that doesn't do any damage to sperm and is actually thought to help as it mimics your fertile mucus. Most people,well me anyway use it because they use lube anyway or because they don't produce enough fertile mucus.

Your right with your temping. Same time each day or as close as possible. As soon as you wake up before you do anything. I remember something about it having to have been after a stretch of sleep for a few solid hours. Something to do with disturbed sleep etc as well as a million other factors can wreak havoc with it.

i was told if u BD every other day or every 3 days then you will definitely hit a fertile day. This cycle I am going to BD every other day starting tomorrow until I get my + OPK then I will do it everyday for 3-5 days ideally, but well see what happens. DH and I are together only at 9 pm then we eat dinner. so he wil prob be tired often.

Sav- preseed is lubricant that does not kill sperm. most lubs and saliva kill sperms so ppl use preseed. i actually just bought it, I will try it one night, but Ive never used lub before so I doubt I will use it.

in terms of temping. Yes right when u wake up in the morning. and you must have slept for 3 hours prior to temping. Also you need to temp the same exact time everyday. i have my alarm clock and therm. right next to my bed. Are you charting on a site? If not check fertility friend.com I use it and its great. most people I know use it. seems complicated but it really is not. you dont need to buy VIP option the free option will do the trick. I bought the vip cuz im a sucker for this stuff. there is often a special for 25 dollars a year instead of the reg price of 45. let me know if you have any Qs In my signature you can see my chart click on the ticker with the frog.

11 years ago

One thing I meant to mention about the preseed- be careful with it as you don't need to use as much as they recommend. You will be swimming in it if you do. I used maybe half the amount if not less!

Hello ladies!
i am 25 DH is 28 TTC #1. Married 6 months.
I have been trying to track my ovulation with the CM method, but its a little confusing.
Struggling along with the fact that my best friend got preggo the first month they tried and was on BC for 7 years. I have been off mine for 7 months and still nothing after trying for 2 months. I know it takes time, but still kind of a slap in the face when that happens for them.

The DH does not want me to track it or pay attention to signs, just BD, but I do not think i can not pay attention to it. The apps i am using though I am not sure they are calculating my O correct.

If anyone has advice for a newbie or tips that worked I am open for ideas :)

gl to the rest and lots of baby dust your way!

11 years ago

CD 5 for me today, hopefully we all have a better month!

I am going to use the maybe baby saliva ovulation microscope thing this month and see how I go with it.

Also heading the doctors for a blood test and ultrasound to make sure everything is alright.

Hopefully we get some good news!

User Image

11 years ago

NATA-

Are you charting on a site? If not check fertility friend.com I use it and its great. most people I know use it. seems complicated but it really is not. you dont need to buy VIP option the free option will do the trick. I bought the vip cuz im a sucker for this stuff. there is often a special for 25 dollars a year instead of the reg price of 45. let me know if you have any Qs In my signature you can see my chart click on the ticker with the frog.

in terms of CM-
you have 5 options
dry- is dry
sticky is it clear and really feels sticky
creamy it has a lotion consistency
watery- heard it supposed to be wet and leave circles on your underwear.
egg white looking- looks like egg whites, it is able to stretch about 2-3 inch without breaking.

hope that helps!

11 years ago

I used the cm method the first month or so that we were trying but I also checked my cervix position with it as it was a good indicator as well.
Generally when its high and soft to touch like your lips and feels openish is around ovulation time. As you move towards your period and after it, it generally sits lower and harder much like the tip of your nose. ( ladies if I am wrong someone correct me. This is what my doctor told me so)
If I didn't check my cm I wouldn't notice when my ewcm showed up. I also started using opk's and the first month my husband didnâ??t know I was using them. The OPK's really helped me to see what my body was doing around O time so that I could start to pick the signs around my hormone surge.
It's always a bit of a guessing game for me though. I have temped on and off this month but because I have restless sleep I don't think they are overly accurate which is why I still go by the cm and cervix and opks. ( Not that I have this month thoughâ?¦ just letting things happen this month as we have had some issues with me healthwise)

Hello!! I am also trying for my first child, i am 25 and my DH is 29 too. We have been Married for 3 and a half years. I am 10 DPO and this is round two for us... How is your latest cycle going?

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo