Community post

Discussion

TTC - New and looking for cycle buddies

View Full Post

Hi I am 24 and DH is 29 and we are trying for number one after being married almost two years.

We have been trying for a few months without much success.

I am currently cd 2/3 and lookinf for anyone who wants to chat or be buddies. I am starting to temp this month as well as opks and preseed.

233 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 233 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to the newbie's joining us and sorry for being so slack in posting!

Emijeanz- I share your pain. I found out today that my sister is pregnant, first month off the pill and is now 8 weeks. We are still trying but I am crushed. Super happy for her but crushed about it all the same. I keep having that same doubt too... I find the feeling I feel is hard to describe. I am happy for them but I am so upset that it's not me. It's kind of like jealousy/envy more than resentment for me. I just get cranky cause we have been trying for a few months now and it came easy for her. As for the preseed you can get it at some chemists but it's hard. I got mine on a website called lullabyconceptions. Just google it. It turned up pretty quickly.

Kates86 â?? sorry to hear AF turned up. We have kind of stopped trying this month purely by accident. It's easy-ish once you get obsessed with something else but so easy to fall back into being obsessed about trying. I can't just switch off...

Purple- Good luck!

Sorry to those that aren't having much luck.

AS for me. I am CD13 today. Not sure how much that means as I don't think we are trying this month. I had a uti about a month ago and since then have had some major issues with my lady parts (sorry tmi) which means we haven't dtd at all and still waiting to see whether we will be able to in the next few days. Finding out today that my sister is preggers is making it even harder this month. I haven't even tested with OPKs this month or anything I was temping but have missed a day or two here and there.

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi Pink!

Thanks for the well wishes! It stinks to be in your position. When my SIL told us she was preg, I was jealous. It doesn't help that she rubbed it in my face. That's her personality. SIL: "Lucky we got pregnant when we wanted to, you probably won't be as lucky. Most people have problems."

Permission to punch her?

11 years ago

Holy Wow!! More than enough permission to punch her!

That's so rude. Luckily no one knows we are trying. We havenâ??t told our families or friends for this exact reason. I don't want people always asking or having the added worry. Its just hard on days like today when my mum rings and tells me and I have to pretend that we aren't trying and haven't been. My sister thankfully has been really good about it. I am debating on whether to let her in on the secret or not. I am so jealous but I know that it will happen when its supposed to happen and that I need to trust that. Didn't help that my mum today was like, I wasn't off the pill very long when I fell pregnant with you girls. Makes me feel even more failure-ish because I haven't fallen pregnant yet.

We didnt tell anyone for the same reasons. SIL doesnt even know we are trying. she just said it to say it. I also dont need anyones questions, comments, or opinions. I was nervous to tell my mom, since she was 30 when she started having kids and Im 23. She used to say dont start until your at least 27, your going to regret it.... DH and I are both ready, so I dont want to tell her especially if I am going to hear that. but last week my mom and i were at lunch and talking about my nephew and my mom said you should really think about going off the pill soon, and maybe starting a family. I was smiling soo much inside and happy she approves. i lied and said DH and i havent discussed it yet. I love my mom, but she has the biggest mouth in the world :/

11 years ago

Hello all!!

We're ttc our first as well... I'm 26 and DH is 34. Been married a year and MC'd in July 2009. Currently 11 DPO and we'll call it "optimistic, but should probably face reality" for this month... Due for on Friday...

I understand the feeling of people being preggo everywhere around you...

My SIL became preggo not even trying... or really wanting to be so... and tried not to rub it in our faces, but I think people forget that I WAS pregnant, and to act like it never happened actually makes it worse.

It seems to be that I see all these women with babies everywhere, and many of them are 'oopsies' or were conceived so easily. I'm the only person I personally know that has gone through a loss, so sometimes I find it difficult to connect along preggo lines with others. Looking to find some people to talk to who understand my frustrations a little better

Good luck to you ladies who are just entering your *fun time with DH* ... Hopefully we'll see some this month!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Sav!

I am so sorry for your loss! I cannot relate, but I am sure it is very hard when people ignore the fact that you went through a loss. If you want people to talk to, there is a site called thebump.com they have a forum specifically for people who had a m/c or c/p. The women there are very thoughtful and understanding. but stick around here too! I like having people to share the ups and downs of this journey with

11 years ago

Hi girls,

My jealousy towards my SIL is subsiding a bit. Pretty much everybody in my family knows I'm trying. I actually ended up telling them because I didn't think I could stand being around my husband's family where one of his sister's just had a baby and the other is pregnant. I knew the family would be looking at me and DH thinking or even saying that we should be get pregnant since we've been married a lot longer than the one who's pregnant. And everyone else is doing it.

My DH's brother's fiance hurts my feelings a lot about it though. She's known for a while that we were trying, but she always says things that make me feel worse. Like," it could take you years to get pregant... There's a good chance you could have a miscarriage... Maybe I'll even get pregant before you." Also, I'm in their wedding in November, and when I was trying a few months ago when my dute date would have been some time in November, she burst into a happy celebration when she found out I wasn't pregnant. It makes me so mad. I don't know if she knows how much it bothers me.

Why are girls who aren't in our position so inconsiderate? They just don't know how we feel. I have never been more depressed at times. When I found out my SIL was PG after one month of trying, I couldn't sleep for almost a week. And I spotted all that week too. that never happens. The stress really got to me.

I actually found some Pre-seed at CVS Pharmacy today. I was so excited to see it there. I got it and we're going to try it this cycle. :) Today is CD 13 for me. Neg opk.

I am actually feeling pretty positive at the moment. Sorry if I sounded like a downer.

I really have enjoyed reading all these responses. It really helps. Thanks ladies! good luck to you all!

11 years ago

I'm glad your mum is supportive. I have caved and let my sister in on the secret so its not a big shock when we finally get our bfp. She seemed a bit surprised but at least she knows. I told mum that we have discussed it but that our plans were thrown out the window when DH lost his job last year. So no one knows still. My mum has the biggest mouth too. She cannot keep secrets sometimes.

Sav226 - welcome!!! And good luck and lots of positive thoughts that you get your bfp this month!!

I am also on bubhub - I love it!! They are so friendly over there and have the same groups etc as on here and most of the sites.

Emijeanz- its ok to feel the way you do. You are allowed to have any feelings you want about it. Try and keep your stress levels down. How long have you been trying now? You have probably mentioned it but I have forgotten!

As for me - tmi - I had some ewcm this morning but nothing really since although did have some weird sharp pain but I never normally ovulate this early. Well I haven't yet anyway. I am trying not to get excited because my health issue is pretty much cleared up. I think another day or two and we should be right and then we can babydance!! Boy am I hankering for some time with DH. It has been almost a month and I am dying!! I am mildly hopeful that we can catch the egg this month but doubt it will happen!

Pinkkate, this is our 6th month of trying. Both me and DH are 26. Our 3 year wedding anniversary is in September. We decided we were probably ready to ttc late last year, right around when my other SIL had her baby. Then we decided to start trying after the holidays. We officially started trying on December 26th, 2011.

So we used the Pre-seed. It was awesome. It made the whole experience less stressful on both of us. I will definitely keep using it.

I know you guys said to bd every other day, but I have also read that for guys under 30, they can replenish every day. I feel like we should bd every day around ovulation. I'm so afraid we're going to miss the right time if we skip days.

And Pinkkate, I'm sorry you just found out your sis is pg. It's hard to be happy for them and sad for yourself at the same time. Be strong. It'll happen for us too, and these feelings will all eventually be forgotten.

11 years ago

Hi guys!

yah its hard when people around us are prego and we are not :(. DH and I are going to BD everyday from tomorrow until I confirmed O... should be happening hopefully soon! This is my second cycle, but my first cycle temping and charting gl girls!!!

what CD are you on??

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo