Community post

Discussion

TTC - New and looking for cycle buddies

View Full Post

Hi I am 24 and DH is 29 and we are trying for number one after being married almost two years.

We have been trying for a few months without much success.

I am currently cd 2/3 and lookinf for anyone who wants to chat or be buddies. I am starting to temp this month as well as opks and preseed.

233 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 233 Replies | Last Page

Thanks Haj555. If I get af this month I will definitely follow in your footsteps and throw out all my internet cheapies so I am not tempted to use them to early!

Dh got his second SA back, it was very similar to the first one, not good and not bad. My gyno suggests he should get it repaired but he is not real keen and I don't blame him. He also is organising a laparoscopy to check whether my tubes are blocked. I really hope this sticks so I dont have to worry about it all!!

User Image

11 years ago

This morning I was what I thought was day 19 post ovulation, but this afternoon AF arrived :( so that's cycle day 1 for me. I'm not sure what happened this cycle, it was very strange to spot for 3 days and then be late.

I think I need to start charting this month so that I can have a better idea of when I ovulate. I was just using an app based on dates and CM this month.

Hope someone else has better news this cycle

Kate, is there something else they want to check out with the lap? They can do a HSG ( test for the tubes ) in an out patient radiology clinic. Let me know if you do go for a lap, I had one in October last year, can give you a few tips :) hoping you won't have to have either though! Happy thoughts

11 years ago

im sorry cont :( I use this sites calendar but my main one is fertility friend.com great site!

11 years ago

Bfn this morning with FR. Looks like laparoscopy here I come :(

Contemplating- I dont think there is anything else they wanted to do? He said they were going to put dye through one end of the tube and see whether it comes out the other end? He didnt mention a HSG, what does that involve? I am a bit worried about going under GA because I never have before. I know there are minimal risks associated with this procedure but still makes me nervous thinking about it.

Did all your results come back ok??

User Image

11 years ago

Patiently waiting for CD1 for my 2nd round of IUI. Was hoping to find a cycle buddy for moral support.

Just wish AF would arrive!

11 years ago

Hi jerzdev,

I have a feeling I will be looking into IUI/IVF soon. Do you have regular cycles? I am 12dpo, af due on Saturday.
How long have you been ttc?

User Image

11 years ago

The HSG they do in radiology is with a dye that comes up on X-ray, so they can see if the tubes are blocked that way,. They do continuous images so they can see how the dye is moving. It is done with you awake and feel similar to having a pap smear. One of my friends had it done that way.

I needed to have scar tissue removed and my gynae wanted to check for endo so that's why I went for a lap. They did the HSG with blue dye while they were in there as an added check. They found scar tissue from a car accident I was in when I was 9! At the time they missed some internal bleeding. They found early endo, but I think it's more likely related to the mirena that I had in, since this all started I have been doing some reading up, and it looks like mirena can cause a pelvic inflammatory type disease. They also found a cyst on my left Fallopian tube, and the dye test showed that my left Fallopian tube is blocked. Which makes me really paranoid about ectopic pregnancies now.

The lap was worth it for me, because of the pain I was having. I would suggest asking your dr about the one done in radiology if all they want to check is if the tubes are open. Apparently your chances of conceving after that one are higher as they relax your cervix and everything is more " open " after the procedure. After a lap you will need to wait at least 2 months before you can start again.

Hope this helps, let me know how you are going :)

11 years ago

Thanks so much for the info. He didn't even mention it. I might see if i can ask him about it. I don't have any other symptoms so I'm not sure why he went straight to the lap? I have to have blood tests on certain days of my cycle also to check my hormone levels. I definitely like the sound of the HSG more so than the lap! It concerns me that he didn't suggest it and went straight to the more invasive procedure? They pretty much want to do the dye studies during the lap so I am not sure why they can't do that with x-ray?? Will have a look into it and let you know!

Do you have fairly regular cycles? You could try using an OPK to find out your most fertile time. I started using them this cycle, I have mainly been using the app and just monitoring my body, cm, cramps etc. I can usually pin point it that way.

Thanks again.

User Image

11 years ago

Your Dr may have other reasons for wanting to do a lap, so discuss it with him/her. But don't go for a procedure that you are not comfortable with. All procedures have risks and potential complications, And if there is a lower risk option you have a right to have it offered to you.

My cycle was super regular before I went on contraception. I had no cycle with the mirena, and then we straight on to the pill when I had it removed. Since stopping the pill in October I've been more irregular than I was used to before, but honestly I wasn't watching my cycle as closely as I am now. The last 3 months have been 24 days, 29 days and 29 days. I think I will need to get some OPKs, they're just so expensive here, will have to see what the options are for getting them shipped in.

11 years ago

So sorry to hear it was a BFN, kate :( At least your husband's SA wasn't worse this time! That is good news! Hopefully you get everything straightened out with the lap vs hsg testing. Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear af arrived, contemplating :(

I threw out my early test strips so I wouldn't be tempted to test early this cycle. I'm CD8 so still waiting to O on the 14th...It has already been a long 8 days. I am getting tired of this waiting game and we are only on the 4th month TTC!

How's everyone else doing? Praying for a sticky month for us all!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo