Community post

Question

Did I ovulate Early on Clomid?

No AF for 3 months so My doctor gave me provera to induce my period. I only had to take 2 pills until my AF started on 3/10.

On cd 2, I started my Clomid 100mg (cd 2-6). No PCOS . I thought the clomid could help.

I started using Clearblue Digital ovulation test on cd 3 and got an O on both cd 3 and cd 4. On cd 5, I got a flashing smiley face which is high fertility. I received a flashing smiley face from cd 5-7. On cd 7, I felt some twinges on both sides, took another opk and still it was flashing.

I BD'ed early morning cd 8. A few hours later, I took another opk and received my first steady smiley face, along with cloudy EWCM, also a tightening of my stomach on both the right and left side.
All the opk's came back negative on cd 10 and since then.

My temp @ cd 5 was 96.6, slowly rising to 97.9 on cd 8, then alternating fro 96.9-97.2 since then.
Now, I'm cd 11 with dull cramps and aching on both sides.

Did I really ovulate early? Or did I receive false (+)?

Poll:
Ovulated Early (0 votes)
False Positive (2 votes)
Unsure (3 votes)

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi there. The recommendations are to not use OPKs until a couple of days after your last clomid pill. They can definitely cause false positives because of the way clomid works. You will usually ovulate 5-12 days after your last clomid pill. It is VERY uncommon to ovulate earlier than that. The twinges are probably your ovaries being stimulated. I get intense pain for a few days before ovulation when on clomid.

Are you not being monitored this cycle? It is really risky to do an unmonitored cycle as there are so many things you need to watch out for. Multiple pregancies are extremely common (over 10%) so usually they do blood tests to check estradiol before ovulation to get an idea of if you are over responding. A friend of mine is pregnant with triplets from 50mg a day and she is extremely close to miscarrying (started labour at 19 weeks). Also OHSS can happen which could land you in hospital. A friend on this forum got that from one 50mg a day of clomid.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo