Community post

Question

PCOS first cycle with Femara, Follistim ingections, HCG trigger shot and IUI.

Hi,
We have been TTC since 09/2012 with no luck. I have attempted Clomid with no success. This month we are trying Femara, follistim injectibles, HCG trigger and IUI. I finished Femara and had my CD14 ultrasound today. I have no follicles in my right ovary but I have 14 in my left and only one is mature so my fertility doctor put me on follistim for 4 days and then I go in for another ultrasound. If I have more mature eggs we will proceed with HCG trigger and IUI. Has anyone taken femara and follistim? If so, any success?
I truly truly appreciate any feedback! When I got done with the u/s this morning I wanted to cry...everyone around me (4 in the past week) is getting pregnant and not trying and it is hard to accept.
Thank you so much for taking your time to read this and hopefully respond.

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I didn't do follitism, but something similar...we used femara, gonal f, trigger and timed intercourse. And after ovulation- prednisone, progesterone and lovenox. Got pregnant the first cycle with that combo ( thankfully, because the gonal f was very expensive). We had tried clomid and femara alone, but each of the three times I got pregnant with those, ended in chemicals around 4 weeks and a couple days. Now, I'm a little over 12 weeks and gave had 3 ultrasounds...baby measuring perfectly with a great heartbeat. I think I only had 1 or maybe 2 good sized follicles this time too. Other cycles, I'd had three or four, so I was really bummed at my scan before I triggered. Good luck!

10 years ago

Im sorry about your chemicals :(That is awesome that the combo worked so well the first time for you. Congrats on your baby and healthy pregnancy. I appreciate your response - it has helped me!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo